PDA

View Full Version : Really Vivid Dreams

Iheartray
29-03-07, 08:17
It seems like ever since I started having problems with anxiety, I have really strange dreams, every night. Sometimes lots of them in one single night. I can remember all of them clearly, and it bothers me. It feels like I'm not getting a good sleep because my mind is still busy even in that state. Does this happen with anxiety? Could this be the reason I feel so tired all day, because it's preventing me from getting good sleep? What can I do about it?

groovygranny
29-03-07, 10:04
Hello Iheartray!

Anxiety is famed for putting your mind into overdrive, especially at night! I am 'blessed' (?) with quite an imagination and have always had unusual dreams. These were intensified when I first became ill but have settled back almost to what I consider 'normal' for me now, unless there is something specific on my mind.

When my children were small and woke with a nightmare, I use to say "don't worry, it's only your brain trying to sort all the rubbish out for the bin-men!" :winks:

Try and relax as much as you can before bedtime. Take a warm bath, watch something simple and uncomplicated on the tv, listen to some soothing music, read a book (avoid horror stories etc.!) dim the lights. Actually prepare your mind for sleep as you would prepare your body i.e. bath, brush your teeth, comb your hair. Sounds easier said than done but, on the odd occassion when I practice what I preach, it works for me!

Take care:flowers:

samc100
29-03-07, 15:12
Oh yes - I did the vivid dreams and they contiuned for a while when I began on the medication.

I used to be knackered in a morning due to the night-time events!.And I get confused between what happened in a dream and in reality. Try not to worry about it too much. These will ease when you start to lessen the anxiety - it is a sign of your state of mind.
Hugs.

steveo
29-03-07, 21:12
I know exactly what you mean Iheartray. I get very very vivid dreams, sometimes to the point of confusion as to whether any of it happened. And the more vivid the dreams I have, the more sleepy I am the next day. Sometimes I fear going to sleep because of them. I haven't had a nights sleep for a long time without dreaming! Its a slight annoyence.

nomorepanic
29-03-07, 21:38
Yep I get them too

Hard to switch off at night isn't it?

Iheartray
30-03-07, 03:26
Ah. You guys have put my mind at ease once again! I always feel so crazy because of all of the different symptoms that come with anxiety, and it's such a relief to come here and meet people who feel the same way. :)

groovygranny
30-03-07, 21:44
Ehem! You saying we is all crazy Iheartray ??:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:LOL !!

Iheartray
31-03-07, 02:29
Hehe. That might have come out wrong. :blush: The people here actually help to assure me that i'm NOT as crazy as I think I am. Although I think everybody in the world is a bit crazy, just in different ways! :)

DavidJ85
31-03-07, 11:52
Well last night I was Luke Skywalker fighting Darth Vader on my landing with a light sabre made of a glow stick lol!

groovygranny
31-03-07, 13:00
Haha! Yep I agree Iheartray, little bit crazy is good! :) stops the boredom setting in!!

Hi 'Luke' - all sounds very exciting! Nite before last GG was back in school sitting a Physics exam.............and didn't know any of the answers:ohmy:!

No change there then - flunked Physics in 1970 and I'm still doing it in my dreams :huh:.....d'you think if I keep on dreaming it I might eventually pass??:shades:

Take care!

Iheartray
31-03-07, 21:29
David- lol!

Well maybe having these dreams isn't such a bad thing. We might not be as well rested, but at least we're entertained. hehe.

Keep going
31-03-07, 23:34
Hi, i have usually 2 to 3 dreams per night for about a year now. thats because i can't relax.

stu

happyone
31-03-07, 23:41
I remeber at the beginning of this, I used to dream about my work all night then get up and go to work! I used to say I should be paid for a double shift!
I have had some crackers mate! So vivid and real they should have been filmed!
I don't have them now due to meds, but I miss them (some more than others:blush: )

happyone
xx

looking4answers
01-04-07, 04:34
Since anxiety has come strolling back into my life..My dreams have been so weird..sometimes they make me feel nervous and I wake feeling just shakey all over ..other times its like sitting back watching a movie..I even remember the other day I woke up crying because of something that I remembered in my dream that I would never conciously think about but occured in my dreams and was so bizarre.. I also dream about people and situtations and things that when I was awake I would never think about .. it could be the medicine that you are taking or something that you eat late..I have noticed . I dont eat a lot of sugar but when I eat a cookie or something before bed I feel that way and have bizarre dreams.. I wonder too what has happened to make me have these dreams ,I never did before and well sometimes it bothers me other times acutally the dreams are entertaining but well could be like I said ,eating something at night before you go to bed or your meds or well something just on your mind and you not knowing it..I reallly wouldnt worry about it too much it will pass..

Freaky Chick
01-04-07, 11:19
Yep

I get the odd dreams to. Mine seem to be more vivid recently and i can't decide if they happened or not.

Earlier this week i dreamt my flat mate told me she was getting married on Easter Saturday, and then i had a dream panic because i'm going to my parents for easter on the wed before and i'm supposed to be a bridesmaid, and how was i going to manager that. As it was - i told her about it, and she was like - nope not going to happen!!

I've had loads of similar wierd dreams, usually turns out to be something i'm stressing about deep down. Something i'm trying to surpress. But they can be very entertaining at times. Recently mine have been about the georgous gym instructor that is helping me use exercise to get better - and boy is he hot!!! Very vivid dreams there!!

Hmmm may have said too much there :blush: - hope no-one knows my gym instructor - i'd hate him to find out!!!!

Freaky chick.