PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing in feet and legs

insideout20
27-09-16, 09:42
Hi,

I have had this on and off for a few months now, it seems worse at night or when resting, it doesnt bother me during the day but is this ms or something ? my doc said just anxiety but he didnt even care.

its been so bad when i try to sleep this is what happens

sometimes i just get buzzing in my legs and it feels like its in my chest, it feels so intense, had a heart monitor etc and everything was fine.

sometimes when im going to sleep i also get that sinking panic feeling in my stomach, which i know is anxiety but why do i get it at sleep ?

the worst thing is sometimes when i try to sleep just as i drift off i wake up and have to gasp for air, its like i stopped breating for a second

these all interchange and i havent noticed if anything brings them on apart from the choking feeling is always worse when im hungover

hanshan
27-09-16, 11:12
They are all symptoms of anxiety, which is probably the case if your doctor has checked you out and said you are physically okay.

It's unfortunate that your doctor doesn't seem to care. Have you approached him/her about anxiety treatment, rather than physical symptoms?

insideout20
27-09-16, 15:04
Hi,

Yes they gave me citalopram but i was too scared to take it lol i also have reallyu bad vertigo like im on a boat all the time

how can you be sure the buzzing is anxiety / what causes it ?

do es anyone advise that i just take citalopram ? has anyone felt really great on it ?

im worried about putting on weight and having no sex drive

hanshan
28-09-16, 02:22
No diagnosis is absolutely certain - it's a process of elimination if the doctor has checked you and found no physical basis. The cause is probably a combination of hyper-awareness of normal sensations, plus some adrenaline ramping things up.

There's a citalopram sub-forum where you can ask people about their experiences. Most of these meds work well with some people but not with others so responses may be mixed - in the end you need to try the med for yourself. Weight gain is not automatic if you are careful, nor is there necessarily any effect on sex drive.

Seffie
28-09-16, 10:47
Just had to reply as been getting the buzzing / vibrating thing the past couple of weeks - I think I've had it before, mostly soles of feet & hands. I have put it down to anxiety & overstimulated nervous system.
Waking up in panic just as you're falling asleep is also very common, not sure why it happens but again all normal anxiety stuff. If you haven't already, read the symptoms list on here - mentions most of your symptoms.
As others have said always get checked out but then accept it's anxiety & when the symptoms happen try to go towards the symptoms & make them stronger - that sends a message that you're not afraid of them, the nervous system is then able to rest & heal itself & in time will stop sending so many weird & not so wonderful symptoms.
Good luck!

MamaCass
28-09-16, 17:15
Hi, ive been having this, its a really strong vibration/buzzing all in my legs, arms, infact the whole body. Im sorry I couldnt tell you what it is as it freaks me out too. But it is constant!

hanshan
29-09-16, 11:24
Actually, we all buzz and vibrate a bit. Litres of blood and zillions of blood cells have to make a round trip every few minutes.