PDA

View Full Version : Is bubbly pee normal?

BrokenAge
27-09-16, 09:58
Right now I've been worrying about Diabetes and cancer. For this past month I've been peeing a lot. Not sure if more than normal (because I never payed attention before" but I'm average I pee about 5-6 times a day. Now I've always drank a lot of water. Funny enough on average I drink about 5 to 6 bottles a day. I'm never EXTREMELY thirsty or anything, but anyway when I pee I monitor it a bit. Ever since I could remember my pee has been bubbly. Not foamy but bubbly. I always assumed it was normal but WebMD(I know they're horrible to go to but I did) said that if your urine produces bubbles you should talk to your doctor. Now I don't know if it means foamy bubble that don't go away or bubble in general. When I pee the bubble disappear within 5-10 seconds. This question may sound stupid but it has me legitimately concerned. I've been convincing myself I'm basically dying lately. Any help is appreciate.

hanshan
27-09-16, 11:05
No expert here, but my observation is that urine is naturally foamy, ie some agitation will produce foam bubbles at the top. That's normal.

If the urine is undisturbed, but bubbles are still forming like a carbonated soft drink, that may be a reason to check with a doctor. But don't worry! It may be nothing serious, just what you're eating or drinking and easily fixed.

Pearly queen
27-09-16, 11:30
I have bubbly pee and spoke to my Doctor about it. She didn't seem concerned but because I had some bruising on my legs ran a serious of bloods and a urine test. All came back normal,including for diabetes. I have since had my urine tested again (because I'm a hypochondriac!) and again totally normal. I too drink a lot of water so maybe there's a connection,I don't know. Leave a sample in with your nurse and have it dipped just to put your mind at rest though.

Nzxt27
27-09-16, 23:18
I just had a urinalysis done 2 weeks ago and I even mentioned that my pee was bubbly and thought I had protein in it. Even when I did the test, the cup had a layer of bubbles on it. She said bubbly pee is normal and doesn't really mean anything. And they said all my blood work and urinalysis came back fine. So either they are keeping stuff from me which I highly doubt (why would they risk their job over that) plus the lady I see my mom knows very well. We use to rent a house from her. And what would they gain over keeping information or not telling me if they thought something was up.

If your worried you could always have a urinalysis done. But like I said mine is bubbly every time I pee and I just had one done 2 weeks ago and she said everything was fine.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

And the reason they did blood work on me and urinalysis was because I mentioned having some adominal pains. Which she said she think it is ibs. With all the stress and stuff I've had lately I figured it was due to that.

heyitsmeyou
28-09-16, 10:29
Urine will produce more bubbles in the morning when you wake up or if you are dehydrated. Also if you pee really hard lol