PDA

View Full Version : Oesophagus cancer

gwood80
27-09-16, 16:04
Really worried about this.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a sharp pain in my chest (I have sarcoidosis) and visited my gp. Stupidly I had been smoking an ecig but didn't mention that to GP.

GP prescribed omeprazole which seemed to get rid of the pain (although I stopped the ecig at same time). I then noticed that when I was swallowing food I could really feel the food going down. I wouldn't say stuck, just an awareness I hadn't noticed before. Sometimes it was like I had taken too big a bite of something and it was stretching me on its way down.

I've become super aware of this now, and I'm noticing a kind of bubbling in the back of my throat when drinking water, and at lunch today I felt like undigested food was coming back up into my mouth. It's maybe a little acidic now but I'm not convinced.

Before my sarcoidosis diagnosis I had a pretty unhealthy lifestyle and suffered quite regularly from heartburn, but not really at all in the last 18 months or so.

Have a doc appointment a week today but almost feel like phoning for an emergency one in the morning

skymaid
27-09-16, 16:13
ive had pretty much all of that the whole time ive had anxiety (many years) so i'd imagine it isn't cancer. I'd guess it's that you're hyper aware of your throat.

obviously i'm not a doctor though.

insideout20
27-09-16, 16:30
you will be fine, its not an emergency

gwood80
27-09-16, 18:15
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm not normally anxious but once I get something like this in my head it do easily spirals out of control

gwood80
29-09-16, 16:29
Just back from doc. Getting sent for an endoscope

insideout20
04-10-16, 15:28
did the doc tell you it wouldnt be cancer and more likley something else ?