PDA

View Full Version : raised area on pancreas on scan very anxious unclear diagnosis

gordie1
27-09-16, 23:00
I went to my own GP today and he showed me the report on the screen that the radiographer had sent my consultant. I have a 1cm raised area at the tail of my pancreas causing a blockage and the radiographer has said the most likely cause is a stone. My GP told me that it has been sent to a case conference between consultants and radiographers as my consultant is not happy with the diagnosis of a stone by the radiographer. I am looking at surgery if it is a stone because the tail is right at the bottom of the pancreas. I am trying to stand strong and not worry but I am a bit nervous about it all. I am really worried this 1cm area is cancer. I am really uptight.

Mercime
28-09-16, 08:42
Gordie, do you have gallstones? As far as I'm aware, that can cause problems as the gallbladder is right next to the pancreas, and gallstones can block the bile duct. I didn't know that the pancreas could itself produce stones? Hopefully you will hear what the treatment plan is quite soon.

ScaredMama
28-09-16, 12:40
What type of scan did you have done? Why did you have the scan done?