PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

Hypomean
28-09-16, 06:31
I inhaled a bit of air freshener aerosol and the cool mist hit my throat and then I felt this odd pain in my chest. I have tried taking in deep breaths and it hurts, it feel sore, I felt like I couldn't breath immediately after it happened and since then my nose also has like an icy cold burn feeling to it. Where I live the air is warm so it can't be the air around me casing this discomfort.
I did have a very stressful day today and this usually ups my anxiety. When my anxiety is up I can't gauge what's an emergency, should I be worried??

Lifelonganxiety!
28-09-16, 16:43
No, I wouldn't be worried. Your lungs are just going to have to deal with the irritant. It can take a day or so for them to clean up anything but anything serious was going to happen it would have happened already.

jimmyj
29-09-16, 09:18
has anyone similiar experiences to me then please

axolotl
29-09-16, 09:51
Remember - if something was so dangerous you could do serious harm by accidentally inhaling a bit, it wouldn't be on sale. You'll be fine.

AJ59
29-09-16, 21:01
You just inhaled a bit - there are people who smoke much worse, live in horribly polluted areas, or work in conditions worse than inhaling a bit of air freshener.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

If you're really concerned, have a doctor listen to your lungs.

Hypomean
30-09-16, 03:45
Thank you guys for your reassurances. I'm alive today so all is good. I am feeling my heart vibrate right now and I get a headache along with it so I don't get what's going on there just that it's scarring me