PDA

View Full Version : Green stools.

zippy
28-09-16, 12:38
I have had bad diarrhea and stomach cramps for 9 days none stop now, i am going about 10 x a day. Been all morning and the last one was green!! I can't go anywhere incase i need on and the cramps are awful. Took a stool sample in this morning and bloods done tomorrow because the dr said i looked pale!! Wrong thing to say to me, worried i have something bad going on with it lasting this long and no sign of easing.

axolotl
28-09-16, 15:57
Sounds like you're having an awful time. I think anyone would look pale after doing that for nine days. Remember there are a lot of mundane things that can cause you to feel absolutely awful before anything serious has to considered. Positive thoughts and I hope it passes soon.

Scotzil
28-09-16, 17:51
Hi Zippy,

Poor you, an upset tummy for nine days doesn't sound like fun. When I was on holiday a few months ago I had diarrhea for several days and towards the end it was also green. This colour happens frequently with loose stool because it is passing through your gut so fast. Normally the green colour from bile changes to brown but as your guts are moving much faster the green colour remains.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better about the colour, and I hope your tummy eases up soon and you feel better. I don't think you have anything to worry about and hopefully you will get your results back quickly to help reassure you.

Sending good thoughts your way,

Scotzil