PDA

View Full Version : advice please lupus

tiredofthis14
28-09-16, 14:41
hi all

was wondering if anyone could give me some advice

i suffer from exstreme health related anxiety i have had a few raised crp tests so persuaded doc to look into it he then did esr and rf which came back raised to. i had been worried about lupus a long time and freaked out i get alot of joint pain and tired alot . he agreed to do a ana test this came back negative so i relaxed thinking that cleared me . Today i had rhumatology who told me i could still have it ! but by end of app he said actually i dont think you have and that was it

what are the chances of having a negative ana test and still have lupus?

Kuatir
28-09-16, 15:05
Listen to your doctor. He's more experienced than any of us here (save other doctors that might be on here, obviously).

axolotl
28-09-16, 15:09
Listen to your doctor. He's more experienced than any of us here (save other doctors that might be on here, obviously).

Exactly - there's a bad habit we get into on this forum of asking for people's second opinions on what doctors have said. They're trained physicians. We're random internet people. Congrats on the all clear. :yesyes:

tiredofthis14
28-09-16, 15:20
im just so confused and scared at the moment id let go of lupus until today :(
i thought the ana test ruled it out
i dont know why i just cant relax over my raised crp esr and rf ....they were done 3 weeks ago and i stupidly googled and saw it can mean endocarditis too! im such a mess at mo!
thank you for replying

Kuatir
28-09-16, 16:05
Well your doctor obviously isn't concerned.

And stop Googling!

tiredofthis14
28-09-16, 17:09
i know :(
i just cant slow thoughts down tonight im like manic

tiredofthis14
29-09-16, 10:46
has anyone had these tests