PDA

View Full Version : Propane leak?????

misslove
28-09-16, 21:21
So we have been having some issues with out house. Occasionally we smell propane in our kitchen. The gas company came and it took him a while but his machine said there was a leak under the stove. So the gas to the stove is off until we can fix that. And now our water heater is being craZy. Which is also run by gas. It leaks from the top valve and my husband replaced it and says that it's supposto leak to release pressure. I googled it and nowhere did it say they were okay to leak. I'm afraid my water heater is gonna blow up and hurt us. I feel like I'm starting to be paranoid over our appliances! I'm afraid of the stove blowing up and now the hot water heater but these are all real issues. Not like I'm making it up. Idk what to do. We can't afford new stuff!

MyNameIsTerry
29-09-16, 06:22
Well as long as the gas to the stove remains off until you very it fixed, tested & certified (or however it's done in your country) you are perfectly safe from that problem. The guy testing would be thorough because of the safety issue.

If the model of water heater doesn't include a mechanism to release pressure, I suggest you get that checked out as well as soon as possible. Over here only licenced engineers are allowed anywhere near gas, not members of the public even if they used to be fully trained gas engineers themselves.

We don't have water heaters over here that release gas due to pressure build up due to my understanding, everyone would be calling our has safety lines just in case or even worse, being complacent and not bothering.