PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux?

Lily777
29-09-16, 03:54
I've been experiencing what I think is acid reflux for the past month or so. Like i'm constantly burping and feel a "vomit-y" feeling in my throat; it's hard to explain. I don't have a burning feeling in my chest. Has anyone had these symptoms? Also, i've been EXTREMELY anxious lately, could anxiety be causing this? It's rather annoying and is starting to worry me because it's been happening for so long. Thanks everyone!

hanshan
29-09-16, 11:32
You would know acid reflux because the acid in your mouth and throat is unmistakable.

What you describe could be indigestion combined with anxiety.

ana
29-09-16, 13:27
Nausea is not uncommon if the levels of stomach acid are irregular. I've got issues with stomach acid also, and it causes me a variety of problems on and off. Recently, I've had a couple of days of nausea and upset stomach and I felt that acidic taste in my mouth, like hanshan has mentioned above.

paranoid-viking
29-09-16, 17:39
I suffered with these symtpoms everyday until 2006 when I got the acid reflux diagnosis and got prescribed nexium.
But acid relux is not dangerous, it is just extremely painful and anoying if you have no effective medicine and at least in Norway; no nexium prescribed unless you do the gastopological test.

On the other side; if this is something that comes and goes it is probably not acid reflux; but perhaps a reaction to certain types of food and drink; and in that case the solution is quite simple.