PDA

View Full Version : Constant worry

duns
29-09-16, 06:53
Hello,

I've posted here before about my anxiety, which tends to stem around my partner becoming ill. This is a constant worry but it intensifies when he is due to go away on buisness. For example, he goes away next week for over a week and I'm already thinking of all the things that could happen, from disasters, to health issues. I don't cope well when he is away at all, I miss him lots and my stomach is in knots already. Does anyone else experience this/have advice? I'm thoroughly fed up and at my wits end. Thank you.

PunkyFish
29-09-16, 08:30
Hello,

I've posted here before about my anxiety, which tends to stem around my partner becoming ill. This is a constant worry but it intensifies when he is due to go away on buisness. For example, he goes away next week for over a week and I'm already thinking of all the things that could happen, from disasters, to health issues. I don't cope well when he is away at all, I miss him lots and my stomach is in knots already. Does anyone else experience this/have advice? I'm thoroughly fed up and at my wits end. Thank you.

Hi :)

It's completely normal to miss and worry about your partner. I know it's hard but try not to worry, do something that you normally enjoy to take your mind off the worrying. I find that regular phone calls and texts help me if I'm worrying about somebody, it helps me to make certain that the person I'm worried about is ok.

duns
30-09-16, 17:27
Hi :)

It's completely normal to miss and worry about your partner. I know it's hard but try not to worry, do something that you normally enjoy to take your mind off the worrying. I find that regular phone calls and texts help me if I'm worrying about somebody, it helps me to make certain that the person I'm worried about is ok.

Thank you for this. He's very good at keeping in touch and that will definitely help. I think it's partly separation anxiety that's the issue. I am hoping that being at work will help and that I can do something at the weekend. It's only ten days but feels like a huge obstacle.