PDA

View Full Version : Worried serious cause for panic attacks

Lady Penelope
29-09-16, 12:15
I have been having panic attacks as I wake up in the morning. It started in January when I had one and then every couple of months. Since the beginning of September I have had one every single morning. They usually last 60-90 minutes and wipe me out for most of the day. I am on day 22 fluoxetine and day 2 Propranalol. The one I had this morning was particularly bad with chest pain and took me so long to get my breathing under control.
I am being investigated for heart issues and have had echo and loads of ECG's which aren't finding anything significant. They did find one short run of tachycardia (SVT) on a 24 ECG. Have been to A & E a few times and bloods are OK as well.
I am not feeling anxious or suffering panic attacks a at any other time apart from when I wake up in the morning and am beginning to think there must be more to it? Could there be an underlying health condition that could cause this?
Also I hav be ing feeling nauseous all month and have lost a stone in weight as I cannot eat but am wondering if this could be the flux.
I have started CBT and my GP just says continue with that at the flux. Beginning to scare me now as its not something I have ever suffered for before in my life. I am 57 and female and not been able to work since th beginning of September

ana
29-09-16, 13:46
Hi there,
I've been suffering for 15 years (and counting!) and over the years, I've wondered about several underlying health issues. It's always easier to think that there's something physically wrong with you as physical illnesses are tangible and therefore more explicable by our own minds, I believe. Just to have my own peace of mind, I had MRI scans and ECGs as well. They all came back fine, so I eventually gave up on blaming my body for what my mind is putting me through.

We are still drowsy from sleep in the mornings, and I suppose the anticipation of what's to come in a day is what makes you so anxious in the mornings. It's not uncommon for anxiety to cause a variety of other issues, like acid reflux.

Lady Penelope
29-09-16, 14:27
Thanks for the reply. Just found this article which sounds interesting. I have been diagnose with SVT from a24 hour monitor and am due to gave a 7 day one fitted on 14 th October which could show how frequent it is

ana
29-09-16, 21:28
I hope you feel better, I wish you all the best. :)

Lady Penelope
30-09-16, 14:44
Thank you