29-09-16, 13:14
Hi guys. Anyone else into these boys.

tom87
08-10-16, 12:19
Hi guys. Anyone else into these boys.

Obsessed with these guys :)

almamatters
08-10-16, 12:25
I loved The Libertines when their first two albums came out, not up on their more recent album, although I heard a few songs off it and it sounded great!

Desperate2bnormal:(
11-10-16, 13:20
Sorry boys only just seen these messages. Great to see some fellow libs. Where are you guys from and how are you keeping.

tom87
12-10-16, 07:50
No worries

I'm from Lincoln, how about you?

Not doing too bad just being patient! how are you getting on?

Have you seen Libs this year, I saw them at Unity Rocks, Brixton and Amsterdam.

mezzaninedoor
12-10-16, 13:31
I thought the new album kept up the quality of the first 2 albums. I like the Libertines music but I have only seen them at a festival years back. Never just a Libs gig

almamatters
12-10-16, 16:03
Sorry boys only just seen these messages. Great to see some fellow libs. Where are you guys from and how are you keeping.

I'm female, sorry my avatar is Morrissey from The Smiths, I'm not doing bad thank you , how are you doing? I loved their first album, played it over and over for months lol, in my opinion there wasn't a bad song on it. Glad they are still making music, but I'm a bit older now and not so up on the current stuff, heard You're My Waterloo off the recent album which I liked. Never seen them live, missed out a few years ago.

Carrie8484
12-10-16, 17:03
Saw them many times at small venues as the libertines , first back in 2003 when I was in my first year of uni . Have a signed Chas n Dave 7 inch Pete gave me that night! Have photos and other memorabilia from back in the day. Haven't seen them as a band for many years as I don't like stadium sized gigs and feel a band can 'sell out' once it gets so big. Biggest venue I saw them at was manchester academy or Brixton academy. Saw Pete solo quite a few times aswell as Babyshambles, but nothing will come close to the early stuff for me . I don't really follow them these days but I always wonder how on earth Pete is still going...

almamatters
12-10-16, 18:20
Saw them many times at small venues as the libertines , first back in 2003 when I was in my first year of uni . Have a signed Chas n Dave 7 inch Pete gave me that night! Have photos and other memorabilia from back in the day. Haven't seen them as a band for many years as I don't like stadium sized gigs and feel a band can 'sell out' once it gets so big. Biggest venue I saw them at was manchester academy or Brixton academy. Saw Pete solo quite a few times aswell as Babyshambles, but nothing will come close to the early stuff for me . I don't really follow them these days but I always wonder how on earth Pete is still going...

Ooh Carrie, fancy being given a signed chas and dave record from Pete! I know he's a big fan of theirs. Like you, I wonder about Pete but I'm assuming he's cleaned up his act now , hope so anyway, I followed Carl Barat for a bit, loved The Dirty Pretty Things album. Must have been great seeing them live in the early days especially. :)

Desperate2bnormal:(
12-10-16, 18:41
Wow great to have a few libs on here. Only seen them twice with the last time being at ally pally high was awesome. Saw Peter solo few years back at an academy. Was a thing of beauty. ....Sheepskin Tearaway. Such a beautiful song.
Sorry I called you a boy Alma. Think it was me readin your profile name wrong and presuming the only libs that would be on here would be blokes. Pete is great these days...tubby little thing which I take as him being healthy. Don't think he will ever rid himself of his demons but seems to be able to control them at the moment.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

No worries

I'm from Lincoln, how about you?

Not doing too bad just being patient! how are you getting on?

Have you seen Libs this year, I saw them at Unity Rocks, Brixton and Amsterdam.

Yeah I'm ok thanks ,ate. Struggling on as we do. Been on citalopramfor 2 weeks. Anxiety is easing but I'm completely exhausted. Feel I can sleep at any given time.

Not seen them this year. Last saw them at all pally couple of years back and Peter alone 3 years back. Felt out of place at the last gig. Lot of knob heads there etc.

almamatters
12-10-16, 21:37
It's fine, people sometimes don't recognise my avatar as Morrissey and thinks it's me ! I noticed Pete had put a fair bit of weight on, he looks better for it though. He's such a brilliant lyricist, that's what impressed me most when I first heard them. I been reading a lot about Carl Barat and his issues with anxiety and depression, I never realised he suffered with either. Take Care. :)

Carrie8484
12-10-16, 22:18
Ooh Carrie, fancy being given a signed chas and dave record from Pete! I know he's a big fan of theirs. Like you, I wonder about Pete but I'm assuming he's cleaned up his act now , hope so anyway, I followed Carl Barat for a bit, loved The Dirty Pretty Things album. Must have been great seeing them live in the early days especially. :)

Looking back it was pretty surreal at the time, but Pete and Carl were both lovely guys if not completely out of it the handful of times I met them! The drummer, Gary, was a real character too.
I have quite a few tales from my uni days about some pretty big indie bands (nothing too debauched!) but it was a time when you could easily speak to band members after gigs etc, they would often have a beer at the bar if it was a small venue.
I also saw Dirty Pretty Things too, I liked their first album (was there a second?)
and even saw the bassist John on his solo tour.

PS I love Morrissey too. And I would go to a stadium to see him as its the only way these days. But so far i've not managed it. I've seen Johnny Marr though, who is of course a legend too x