PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour

Danie57
29-09-16, 13:42
Hi I'm going through a rough patch of worrying at the moment. (Defo not my worst though) I posted about my eye going a bit blurry but had my eyes re checked and came to the conclusion that it's just a weaker eye and I'm more sensitive to it because I'm looking for it. But I did read along with brain tumour symptoms that you can also get weak/tingly arms and legs and for the past week if noticed my left arm and hand gets that rush of blood feeling you get after pins and needles. Do you think this could be associated with a brain tumour? I don't want to go to the docs again but am worrying. Thanks in advance.

saf138
29-09-16, 20:21
Hello there.
When i go through the dark realms of health anxiety I seem to always get pins and needles in my arms along with very weak arms and legs which would always make me wobble when standing so personally I think you are going through your own bout of anxiety. At one stage I too went through a brain tumor fear and I was told by my gp that brain tumors come together with many symptoms such as very chronic headaches, loss of balance, loss of functionality, a depressive mood, etc etc besides it is also possible for a optometrist to detect things like possible tumors, high cholesterol, potential stroke and so on while looking into the eyes and since nothing was picked up i don't think you have a brain tumor at all just bad anxiety.

All the best.

Danie57
29-09-16, 20:57
Hello there.
When i go through the dark realms of health anxiety I seem to always get pins and needles in my arms along with very weak arms and legs which would always make me wobble when standing so personally I think you are going through your own bout of anxiety. At one stage I too went through a brain tumor fear and I was told by my gp that brain tumors come together with many symptoms such as very chronic headaches, loss of balance, loss of functionality, a depressive mood, etc etc besides it is also possible for a optometrist to detect things like possible tumors, high cholesterol, potential stroke and so on while looking into the eyes and since nothing was picked up i don't think you have a brain tumor at all just bad anxiety.

All the best.

Thank you very much dx

Danie57
30-09-16, 09:06
Ok so after googling I'm now worried it's something like motor neurone disease or als. Help.

axolotl
30-09-16, 12:17
Ok so after googling I'm now worried it's something like motor neurone disease or als. Help.

STOP GOOGLING.

ALS/MND is an incredibly rare disease which shouldn't even be on your radar as a fear, and as far as I understand any tingling-like symptoms would occur when you're at a stage where you would be seriously, degenerately and unambiguously ill.

You are not qualified to understand medical sites, like none of us are, so please, please leave them alone. And I speak as someone who has whipped myself into right states scouring the internet for various things that turned out to be anxiety. I try to leave them alone now, but it can be hard.

Pins and needles are one of my most persistent anxiety symptoms, and when I first got them I convinced myself they were was something seriously wrong with me, to the point I could barely plan for the future because I was convinced I would rapidly become disabled or worse. It was anxiety, which explains every one of your symptoms above too. If you're worried see a doctor, not because it's likely to be anything nasty, but so that someone professional can put your mind at rest.

Danie57
30-09-16, 14:12
Thank you, that has given me some reassurance and a gentle kick up the bum I need every so often to stop panicking. ☺️