PDA

View Full Version : Worried and it makes me tiresome. *Sobbed*

AsianFidgetME
29-09-16, 13:46
Hi all. My anxiety is back again with this old feeling. I am really scared about the pounding of my heart. Right now I am lying in bed, touching my chest and its really pounding. When I try to look at it, my shirt is really moving. I am having sleepless nights about this thinking that I have a very high blood pressure and it could led to something bad. Others thoughts says that I have a heart issue that wasn't detected. Does this symptoms is due to my anxiety. I am also stressed out working day by day. When will this thing be over? I feel so old in my age. :weep:

AJ59
29-09-16, 20:41
I'm not a doctor so I can't offer any credible medical advice, but I can speak from my own experience - it sounds like classic anxiety. I've gone through quite a bit of anxiety with my own heart worries: chest pain, pressure, etc. nothing came of it, it's always been anxiety for me.

Whenever I step on a plane, my heart races for 8+ hours. But after I settle down my heart rate comes down.

Increased heart rate is a natural response to anxiety. It helps with hyper vigilance in survival situations. So obviously if you're struggling with anxiety and worried about a specific problem (such as a heart problem) it makes sense you're heart is racing because your body perceives a threat (even though there isn't one).

If you are worried, just go see a doctor. You're heart is probably perfectly healthy :) but if you are concerned, see a doctor, there's no harm...it will put your mind at ease. And the fact that you are writing on an anxiety forum kind of points to the fact that you yourself truly know that it's just your anxiety generating these symptoms.

You should try some calming exercises, like breathing and meditating, listening to music, watching TV, or reading...anything to get your mind off of focusing on your heart.