PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about ovarian cancer.

Emily93
29-09-16, 13:56
Hi all I am new on here so please bear with me.
I am 23 with 3 children aged 6,5 and 19 months.I have suffered with health anxiety since becoming a mum,but triggered more when I had a bad urine infection that went into me kidney.I lost my Mum when I was 13 to breast cancer.I have not long learned that there is a link between breast/ovarian cancer.
My symptoms,
Bad wind most mornings,with an urgency to have a bowel movement.I feel that my poo is not always complete.

Some days urine frequently,like water even if I have not drink much.

By night time I am bloated but most mornings seems to have gone down.

Feeling tired,dizzy/off balance sort of thing.

I'm not sure about feeling full,I do feel full on a morning but come tea time I can eat my tea and still feel hungry.

Stomach pain sometimes feels like it right down near my ovaries and other times right at the top.

My legs feel like they hurt a little.

I have not long done cbt counselling for my health anxiety but I think I got discharged to quickly.I am terrified of leaving my 3 children behind like my Mum did to me.My daughter who is 5 has special needs,waiting to be diagnosed with autism amongst other things she has going on,I am under stress with her.

Not sure if I should go to my doctors or not I don't want to waste there time as I have in the past with my big fears once I get them in my head.

Sorry for my long post I'm just trying to be as detailed as I can,thank you for reading.I would love to chat more xx

Shelly15
29-09-16, 14:47
I have this fear also, I'm 27 with a 5 year old and I'm so scared I will die and he will be on his own. I get pain in my right ovaries the pain goes down my leg, I'm so dizzy and off balance so I try not to leave the house.

I've had cbt for my health anxiety which didn't work for me, i never mention to the doctor because im to scared. When I do go to the doctors everything I say they just put it down to my anxiety.

Emily93
29-09-16, 19:11
Thank you for replying to me,I am sorry to hear that you are going through the same.I am terrified of going to the doctors also,the thought of going for tests and awaiting results I don't think i can deal with.I managed to have an early smear test this year and I waited 1 week for my result to come through the post,I was a wreck all week.I did get a normal result but I do have cervical ectropion which can mimic the symptoms of cervical cancer,I was in a state for months trying to get a doctor to listen to me.

Will this fear of dread ever go away? I can't live the rest of my life like this xx

Emily93
30-09-16, 12:11
Anyone :huh:

NancyW
30-09-16, 12:42
My mother in law died from ovarian cancer, she had a nagging pain in her right hip. No other symptoms until months later she couldn't breathe.

She ended up in the ER, because of her breathing, this was when she was diagnosed.

My point is, she was nearly symptom free until it was too late.

Emily93
02-10-16, 15:48
Thank you for replying to me.I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law.

I had an ultrasound both abdomen and transvaginal done in July 2015,would this have picked something up as I was told everything looked normal.I seemed fine yesterday after having a lovely day out with the children,just slight left sided lower back ache(coming and going) I'm due a period in the next couple of days so not sure if it's at all related.

Redsoles
02-10-16, 17:15
If you've had a clear ultrasound then I'm pretty sure you've got nothing to worry about. All of those symptoms can also be caused by anxiety and ibs. It's only natural that you should worry given losing your mum.

Emily93
02-10-16, 18:49
If you've had a clear ultrasound then I'm pretty sure you've got nothing to worry about. All of those symptoms can also be caused by anxiety and ibs. It's only natural that you should worry given losing your mum.

Thank you:) I keep trying to tell myself of I've had a scan surely it would have picked something up!
Do you know if I am right by thinking that ovarian cancer symptoms don't come and go? X

Redsoles
02-10-16, 19:35
To be honest I'm not sure. I'm going through the same worry myself right now so I probably not the best person to ask ��

MRS STRESS ED
02-10-16, 21:38
when you become a mum your life changes ,your priorities are different you worry more ,its enough to cause anxiety,but your symptoms can be caused by anxiety and the more you worry the more anxiety hangs about,I had a scare had two have biopsies thank goodness I'm clear now but my symptoms were not like yours love I'm sure it will be all anxiety related ,try not to worry about it life is tough enough enjoy your beautiful children xx

Emily93
03-10-16, 12:18
when you become a mum your life changes ,your priorities are different you worry more ,its enough to cause anxiety,but your symptoms can be caused by anxiety and the more you worry the more anxiety hangs about,I had a scare had two have biopsies thank goodness I'm clear now but my symptoms were not like yours love I'm sure it will be all anxiety related ,try not to worry about it life is tough enough enjoy your beautiful children xx

Thank you for that in trying to stay as positive as I can,sat wondering if I should call my gp today but I really don't want to give in to this anxiety as I've been so good these past couple of months and not had to speak to my GP.

Got this on and off left sided lower backache,full of wind and feeling like I've not cleared my bowels out propley(sorry of this is to much info)
I woke up during the night with heartburn but blaming that on lunchtimes gravy and onions and cheese in a toastie for late night tea(8.30)
Still have in the back of mind what if.... Xx

Shelly15
03-10-16, 14:53
Thank you for replying to me,I am sorry to hear that you are going through the same.I am terrified of going to the doctors also,the thought of going for tests and awaiting results I don't think i can deal with.I managed to have an early smear test this year and I waited 1 week for my result to come through the post,I was a wreck all week.I did get a normal result but I do have cervical ectropion which can mimic the symptoms of cervical cancer,I was in a state for months trying to get a doctor to listen to me.

Will this fear of dread ever go away? I can't live the rest of my life like this xx

I'm the same, I hate waiting for results it makes me panic even more that it's bad news. I had a smear test a couple of years ago and I got a letter saying it was inconclusive and I needed to be tested again, and I haven't because I'm so petrified. When I mensioned it to the dr she said it was proberly inconclusive because I had a infection like thrush, it took me a year and a half to pluck up the courage to actually go for the first time so I'm to scared to go again and incase the same thing happens.

Yep the doctors don't listen to me either everytime with any problem they put it down to anxiety and I leave the drs surgery in tears because they won't listen.
Like for about a month now I have felt like I can't breath and I feel dizzy and weak so I went to the drs and she sent me for a blood test for my iron a thyroid which was clear, then she said it's anxiety. Ive got it in my head that I've got cancer.

I really hope these feeling do go away because I feel like I'm not living my life being stuck inside all the time in fear I'm just about to die. I feel so bad for my child because I never take him anywhere because of fear xx

Emily93
03-10-16, 16:31
I'm the same, I hate waiting for results it makes me panic even more that it's bad news. I had a smear test a couple of years ago and I got a letter saying it was inconclusive and I needed to be tested again, and I haven't because I'm so petrified. When I mensioned it to the dr she said it was proberly inconclusive because I had a infection like thrush, it took me a year and a half to pluck up the courage to actually go for the first time Donnie I'm to scared to go again and incase the same thing happens.

Yep the doctors don't listen to me either everytime with any problem they put it down to anxiety and I leave the drs surgery in tears because they won't listen.
Like for about a month now I have felt like I can't breath and I feel dizzy and weak so I went to the drs and she sent me for a blood test for my iron a thyroid which was clear, then she said it's anxiety. Ive got it in my head that I've got cancer.

I really hope these feeling do go away because I feel like I'm not living my life being stuck inside all the time in fear I'm just about to die. I feel so bad for my child because I never take him anywhere because of fear xx
I have been saying to myself all over the weekend that I was going to call my GP surgery today and I haven't kept saying in my head it's probably anxiety,but right to the back of my mind I'm thinking what's if??

I have 3 children and all I'm doing is searching symptoms all the time,my
Mood is awful with my partner and I Daren's go out invade I collapse or something,I hate being l ft on my own with my 1 year old in case I pass out and he's on he's own until my partner gets back.I hate being like this.

I've got bad lower back ache today and I've only had a pot noodle and some crisps and cup of tea and I feel so full:( xx

Shelly15
03-10-16, 21:41
I don't even bother with drs no more they don't listen to me at all. Does your dr listen to you or do they just put everything down to anxiety?

Yep me too I'm always moody to my partner and I push him away then I think I'm pushing him away so much he might leave so that goes through my head all the time. I can't even pick my child up from school I feel like I will faint. But tomorrow I have to get him as there is no one else that can and I'm so scared incase I faint.

I used to feel like that aswell when my little one was a baby and my partner would be at work all day I would panic incase I fainted or died and my baby would be crying for me. It's not so bad now he's a bit older but I get scared when If just me and him go out that I will faint and he will be on his own.

I have back pain on the right side, I can't eat much either because I get full so easy, I had a slice of toast and a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits and I was full xx

Emily93
04-10-16, 14:17
I don't even bother with drs no more they don't listen to me at all. Does your dr listen to you or do they just put everything down to anxiety?

Yep me too I'm always moody to my partner and I push him away then I think I'm pushing him away so much he might leave so that goes through my head all the time. I can't even pick my child up from school I feel like I will faint. But tomorrow I have to get him as there is no one else that can and I'm so scared incase I faint.

I used to feel like that aswell when my little one was a baby and my partner would be at work all day I would panic incase I fainted or died and my baby would be crying for me. It's not so bad now he's a bit older but I get scared when If just me and him go out that I will faint and he will be on his own.

I have back pain on the right side, I can't eat much either because I get full so easy, I had a slice of toast and a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits and I was full xx
How do you feel today?
I was naughty for tea last night and had a KFC and I haven't opened my bowels propley still feel a little full.

Not long got back from shopping and was feeling dizzy on and off not sure if it's anxiety related due to the fact it comes and goes? I also started getting hot flushes,do you get them? Xx

Pepperpot
04-10-16, 21:15
Hey
Could you symptoms be IBS as they mimick Ovarian Cancer x

Emily93
05-10-16, 07:05
Hey
Could you symptoms be IBS as they mimick Ovarian Cancer x

Thank you for replying,I'm hoping it if just ibs I've not had it medically confirmed but I think I have all the symptoms.Its so hard with this health anxiety.I have had these symptoms on and off for over a year now if not longer,I'm thinking of it was ovarian cancer wouldn't something have happened to me by now xx

Emily93
05-10-16, 12:11
Just waiting for a call back from my GP I've finally plucked up the courage to talk about all my symptoms and get the ball rolling.im going to tell him what I have been worrying about and go from there.I will post again

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Feeling out of control I just want to cry I have nobody to talk to,stuck in the house on my own with my 1 year old son,terrified o al going to pass out and he will be on he's own.I have nobody to talk too.

Not long went shopping and I keep getting this lightheaded feeling

Pepperpot
05-10-16, 13:08
The feeling full is more than likely psychological. My daughter is anorexic (recovering hopefully) and she used to cry she felt full after 5 bits of pasta. She didn't - she thought she did and thought her belly was bloated and her bowel movements were all to pot. Now she has established a proper eating plan, she gets hunger pangs again and she doesn't feel full (unless she eats a proper huge dinner). The more you tel yourself you are full, the more you will feel full. x

You honestly sound like you have IBS and anxiety - not ovarian cancer. x

Emily93
05-10-16, 13:10
I have to go in and see my GP at 4pm today he thinks I have ibs but he would like to feel my stomach and maybe arrange to have some blood test,I asked him what for and he said well I don't know it depends how your stomach feels.

What does this mean I can't cope I'm even more frightend now than before I called!

LittleMissAlone
05-10-16, 14:53
Emily, just go to the doctor at 4, tell them your fears, listen to what they say and accept the fact that IT IS NOT OVARIAN CANCER.

If anything they may think it's some kind of post natal depression, you're very young to have had three children. In any case you're driving yourself crazy, not good for you or your family.

Take care.

Pepperpot
05-10-16, 18:26
I agree with LittleMissAlone.
How did it go x

Emily93
05-10-16, 19:06
Just an update from my GP
Appointment this evening.

He felt my stomach and said everything felt fine and so did my ovaries.He would like to me
Send in a urine sample,stool sample and have some bloods taken.

He is wanting to test for diabetes and he said "we might as well check your ovaries whilst there" he also wants to rule out a water infection and I'm not too sure as to why he wants a stool sample and another GP requested one back in April 2016 and ruled out H.plyroli.

I am sort of relived he's checking my ovaries but he must think something to be testing them? Can't shake this dreadful feeling off.

He also said it sounds very much like I have ibs so he has given me some Laxido,he has requested I take 1xsachet daily for now.

Pepperpot
05-10-16, 19:21
He will be testing for calprotectin - high levels of this suggest inflammation and will help to diagnose IBS. IBS itself doesnt just get diagnosed - they have to rule other things out.
And no, he is being thorough by checking your ovaries xx

Shelly15
06-10-16, 13:43
How do you feel today?
I was naughty for tea last night and had a KFC and I haven't opened my bowels propley still feel a little full.

Not long got back from shopping and was feeling dizzy on and off not sure if it's anxiety related due to the fact it comes and goes? I also started getting hot flushes,do you get them? Xx

Haha I was naughty the other day aswell had a Burger King and after I ate it I felt so dizzy, but proberly because it was the first thing I ate all day. I can't even go shopping I have to order everything online because when I'm at the shops I'm so dizzy and off balance and panic. Yes i have started getting hot flushes too, It makes me think I'm ill, so glad I'm not the only one and you get them too.

I read through your post about thinking you have ibs, I'm sure I have that aswell. Like if I've had a good few weeks of bad anxiety my tummy feels bloated and inflamed inside and I will instantly need to go to toilet and it will be dioreah, or sometime I'm really constipated because I hardly eat when I'm anxious, so I try to eat healthy son my tummy doesn't hurt so bad.

I'm not having a good day today, woke up with a bad headache and my kid has woke up with sickness bug, I'm hoping I don't get it as I'm so scared being sick. Hope your okay xx

Emily93
07-10-16, 09:15
Haha I was naughty the other day aswell had a Burger King and after I ate it I felt so dizzy, but proberly because it was the first thing I ate all day. I can't even go shopping I have to order everything online because when I'm at the shops I'm so dizzy and off balance and panic. Yes i have started getting hot flushes too, It makes me think I'm ill, so glad I'm not the only one and you get them too.

I read through your post about thinking you have ibs, I'm sure I have that aswell. Like if I've had a good few weeks of bad anxiety my tummy feels bloated and inflamed inside and I will instantly need to go to toilet and it will be dioreah, or sometime I'm really constipated because I hardly eat when I'm anxious, so I try to eat healthy son my tummy doesn't hurt so bad.

I'm not having a good day today, woke up with a bad headache and my kid has woke up with sickness bug, I'm hoping I don't get it as I'm so scared being sick. Hope your okay xx

I hope your little one gets better soon,my daughter had it on Monday but it soon passed and so far nobody else in the house has caught it.Im feeling a little more reassured that my GP is being through with my symptoms.

I'm just waiting to go for the blood test as I am on a period I've heard mixed answers when I should go for it.

I tried my Laxido that my GP prescribed me yesterday,I took one mouthful and spat it out I couldn't tolerate it.I kept of the cups is tea yesterday and I didn't feel bloated or sickly until I had a bit of my baby's chocolate!

I had a bad headache yesterday I think it was due to all the stress I've put myself through these past couple of days.xx

Emily93
09-10-16, 10:50
Had a really good day yesterday however I am full of heartburn this morning! Really trying to think rational and not start worrying about the big OC.

I've had scrambled egg on toast this morning with a cup of tea,thinking one of them is the culprit,probably the bread xx

Emily93
11-10-16, 10:00
Well I've just handed in my stool sample,urine and had my blood taken.I have to call for the results on Thursday,fingers crossed.Absoultely dreading it!

Shelly15
11-10-16, 14:09
I caught the sickness bug from my child, I haven't eaten anything in 2 days I'm scared incase it comes back up. My anxiety has been through the roof I kept fainting aswell everytime I stood up but I'm getting better.

How come you had to give a stool and urine sample, is that to rule other things out? I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hate waiting for the results that the worst bit!

Emily93
11-10-16, 15:04
Oh no I hope you get well soon.My GP wanted to check for a water infection and I'm not sure why he wanted a stool sample.
He did say my symptoms sounded like IBS so my geuss is that he's just wanting to rule out the more serious things before he gives me a firm diagnoses is ibs xx

Emily93
13-10-16, 10:44
Well get morbid by out the way with,take my girls to school than give my GP surgery a call for my results,I feel sick and shakey already

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

Just an update to let you lovely ladies know that my blood test result for CA125 came back normal,my diabetes test was normal,my urine was normal and they are still waiting for my stool sample test to come back.

Thank you all so much for t alking to me and calming me down,although I'm still not much further forward i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

In still wondering out the frequency of urine�� But no more googling from me.
Thanks again,love and best wishes to you all xxx

Shelly15
13-10-16, 14:32
Yay I'm so pleased about your results!! It was lovely talking to you, take care and you know where we are if you need us x