PDA

View Full Version : Transportation fear.

Hivenburs
30-09-16, 03:15
I have a fear that when I am on some sort of public transport, it will stop and I will be trapped inside, ultimately leading to a panic attack in front of everyone.. How do I overcome this fear?

PunkyFish
30-09-16, 12:45
I have a fear that when I am on some sort of public transport, it will stop and I will be trapped inside, ultimately leading to a panic attack in front of everyone.. How do I overcome this fear?

Have you tried exposure therapy where you slowly expose yourself to your fear? so for example you try to go on public transport for say a five minute ride and then get off and then if you can do this try going on public transport for ten minutes and so forth. By doing this it helps expose you to your fear and then eventually hopefully you should get to a point where you can cope with public transport.

misslove
30-09-16, 13:38
I have major anxiety in cars. I'm closterphobic and I get carsick. Long journeys are hell on me. I take Dramamine and have to have the window down and I'm usually okay. I don't know know to overcome the fear by I manange to deal with it.