PDA

View Full Version : Panic while falling asleep

3535nathan
30-09-16, 07:28
Hi

I am going threw some stress at the moment that has caused me to have panic attacks etc so I have started cbt and beta blockers. But one thing that is anoying me is when I'm falling asleep a feel anxious and just as I'm about to fall asleep I jump out of my skin and it wakes me up. I feel like I'm
Going to have a panic attack or somthing it ends up happeneing allot and I have a terrible nights sleep and wake up super anxious again. Is this somthing that's going to last for ever as it's now built into My head that it's going to happen again so I don't look forward to bed time. Any tips would help.

anxious1
30-09-16, 11:02
I get this sporadicaly. Times of stress makes it worse. Its difficult to deal with but try this. Do not watch tv or use your computer/laptop/phone etc for a good 90 minutes before bed. The bright colours stimulate the brain and makes jumping awake worse. When you do lie down. Try counting from 10-1. Repeatdly. Its a good relaxing technique that hopefully will work for you. Also dont drink caffeine or eat chocolate for a couple of hours before bed. Hope this helps