PDA

View Full Version : White growth on uvula - cause for worry?

UnhappyWorrier
30-09-16, 09:33
Recently I started to look at my throat again and there's still this white growth on the side of my uvula - looks like mucus or a papilloma. It's about the size of a small pea and I can flick it back and forth, but one side of it is still stuck to the uvula. I don't exactly know how long it's been there, but for quite a while, I'm sure I had it the last time I went to the dentist a year ago.

Should something like this be cause for concern?

hanshan
30-09-16, 12:47
This is a medical question - you should check with a doctor or dentist.

UnhappyWorrier
30-09-16, 13:28
Oh that makes sense - I'm just thinking if this could be a realistic reason to be worried if it's been there for years and during dental check-ups, yet my dentist mentioned nothing about it. It's not bothering me THAT much and I'm reluctant to book an appointment just because my anxiety flared up about yet another thing.

It's just that I don't want to google for obvious reasons and I'm wondering whether there are people here who have had similar things.

hanshan
01-10-16, 04:25
If it's been there for years with dentists and doctors peering down your throat saying nothing, then it's just some natural, harmless thing. They may not say anything, but these guys are trained to spot anything unusual.

UnhappyWorrier
01-10-16, 12:53
Yeah, it's not like it has shown up last week, and I certainly found no reason to worry about it before. Besides, anything that's dangerous would surely change, grow, create problems, rather than just hang there with no changes.

Sadly, my anxiety works like this: I find something wrong with me, then remember one other thing wrong with me, then remember something else and now I've went through my body and think I have tons of illnesses.

zebra
11-06-19, 05:06
Hi...did it go away? I also have really little (0,5 mm) white dot on the uvula. I discovered it 4 days ago. I went to ENT a she said everytjing is perfect. But now I am worried se didnt see it well etc.:-)

Yeah, it's not like it has shown up last week, and I certainly found no reason to worry about it before. Besides, anything that's dangerous would surely change, grow, create problems, rather than just hang there with no changes.

Sadly, my anxiety works like this: I find something wrong with me, then remember one other thing wrong with me, then remember something else and now I've went through my body and think I have tons of illnesses.