PDA

View Full Version : Dothiepin Experiences - No Horror Stories Please

Mermaid16
30-09-16, 10:11
Well, my latest drug is Dothiepin, which I believe is an older style Anti depressant. I have been prescribed 25mg at night with 15mg Mirtazapine. I also take diazepam 3 x 2mg a day and Sertraline 50mg. Once on the Dothiepin, the Sertraline and diazepam will be decreased. Fingers crossed this one works. Am supposed to start tonight, but will wait until Sunday night until the kids are with their Dad, just in case I am groggy and yuck the next day. Getting sick of all the pills so really hope this works. I have anxiety disorder but no depression. Thanks in advance for any info. Tracy xx

Mermaid16
30-09-16, 13:20
Hi Karina! No, I don't get groggy in the mornings. I get up at 5.30am for work, so by the time I'm up and dressed etc, any grogginess has gone. I do get tired in the arvo though. I bloody hope the psych knows what he's doing as well. I'm still alive and kicking so he hasn't done too bad so far. I do get nervous though. He did say that if the new one and the mirt are too much than I should stop taking the Mirt. He also said I can cut down 1mg of Valium if the anxiety goes down. He did say if I was in the hospital, they would take me straight off the Sert and the Mirt and do a straight change onto the new one, but because I'm working, he is trying to do the change over in the least disruptive way. I also have two things that worry me and push my anxiety up, one is that I will stop breathing in my sleep because of over sedation and the other one is serotonin syndrome...he has assured me that both of these things will not happen. So what else can I do but trust him. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan xx

dale12345
02-10-16, 02:08
Wishing you all the best Tracy!!!! Your awesome!!!

Mermaid16
02-10-16, 10:21
Hi Karina! I won't forget...I've been shitting myself all day about it. Yes, I hope it works as well. I'm determined to get off some of these pills, so fingers crossed. What are you doing in Brisbane? I think we are expecting rain on Tuesday, so hopefully it will be cooler. Are you watching the footy? Thanks for thinking of me. Xx