PDA

View Full Version : Sunny days?

anxamillion
30-09-16, 13:54
Anyone else find brighter days make their anxiety feel worse? find the dark more soothing?

Shazamataz
30-09-16, 21:16
Yes! I'm not sure about you but I feel overstimulated in bright light. However I have a thyroid issue that makes my eyes really light sensitive. Summer coming here and not looking forward to it!

KeeKee
30-09-16, 21:24
I really don't like sunny days. Today was very bright and I hated being out in it. I'm so glad the darker nights are coming.

Buster70
30-09-16, 21:35
Hi , you're not alone on this one summer has been a nightmare this is my time Autumn I find the dark soothing , maybe we should invent a dark box instead of the light box in winter or maybe just a cardboard box to sit in ( joke ) we are not all sun worshippers .

LittleMissAlone
01-10-16, 10:06
Hiya

I really noticed it in the spring this year, there is a thing (probably pooh poohed by the doctors) called summer onset SAD. It's a chemical reaction in the brain with that pesky light and warmth. I settled down later in the season, but goodness me I noticed it May and June. I'm ok at this time of year but I really don't like the very dark weeks in the year.

anxamillion
01-10-16, 18:34
Thanks everyone, couldnt be sure if this was an anxiety rather than a symptom, its good to know Im not the only one who experiences this!