PDA

View Full Version : Please give me info about Natural remedies + success stories on nat remedies

Niccoles1
01-10-16, 00:07
Hi this is my first post so apologies if there is anything wrong with it...

I'm going to start to use supplements to combat my anxiety, I've spent days literally days researching them and my stack will consist of ...

Magnesium
Vitamin D
And Vit B complex

The only thing I'm unsure / uneasy about is the vitamin B complex I've seen many forums and websites praising it and others saying it's made their anxiety worse than ever. Logically you'd think, well don't bother using it then. However for the other two suppose to work effectively I've been told by several experts to use Vit B complex as it will aid the absorbsion of these minerals. But I am very weary about taking them now.

I am also aware this may not help at all but I'm fed up with propranolol and I don't want to up the dose. My therapist also recommends I start taking supplements. I've spoken to two doctors both giving conflicting opinions and now I've turned to this. So if anyone has tried using vitamins as a supplement please let me know how it's dosage etc, it would be really helpful. Also I will not just stop taking propanalol I know that is stupid.

P.S I can't use Kava and if anyone has any success stories of supplement stacks please let me know because there are so many conflicting options going around

Cheers guys

MyNameIsTerry
01-10-16, 06:57
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Yeah, GP's can be pretty patchy when it comes to nutrition. Some won't want to stick there necks out and stick with standard advice or say they can't advocate something.

From reading threads on here about vitamin B, it has always been a mixture as you found. I think there is always the issue that some people are at worse stages of anxiety or are more sensitised to physical symptoms so it can be hard to know whether the reactions are based on anxiety too. So, what you could try is exposure - why take the whole 100% RDA pill if you can assess the impact by breaking them in half or quarters and building up?

In terms of which B vitamins, probably more B6 for brain processes. It's not just vitamins though, you will want to read how the neurotransmitters are created (Wiki has plenty on this) as some need vitamin C, some are B6, etc. Then you need L-tryptophan too if you are going the Serotonin route but be sure you understand about using carbs to ensure this goes to brain health since certain other amino acids found in protein meals compete and drag the tryptophan with them away from brain health towards other areas of the body e.g. muscle. L-tryptophan in supplement form also avoids other amino acids, so can work. If you are thinking of the 5-HPT route, I suggest you have a read of the Wiki page on that since it explains what else that needs with it.

What sort of magnesium are you going to use? I have found a fair bit of information about the different types and how bioavailable they are. Have you looked at the issue of "elemental" magnesium? And how many magnesium supplements are labelled as elemental incorrectly? I can explain that, if needed.

Mermaid16
01-10-16, 07:45
Hi this is my first post so apologies if there is anything wrong with it...

I'm going to start to use supplements to combat my anxiety, I've spent days literally days researching them and my stack will consist of ...

Magnesium
Vitamin D
And Vit B complex

The only thing I'm unsure / uneasy about is the vitamin B complex I've seen many forums and websites praising it and others saying it's made their anxiety worse than ever. Logically you'd think, well don't bother using it then. However for the other two suppose to work effectively I've been told by several experts to use Vit B complex as it will aid the absorbsion of these minerals. But I am very weary about taking them now.

I am also aware this may not help at all but I'm fed up with propranolol and I don't want to up the dose. My therapist also recommends I start taking supplements. I've spoken to two doctors both giving conflicting opinions and now I've turned to this. So if anyone has tried using vitamins as a supplement please let me know how it's dosage etc, it would be really helpful. Also I will not just stop taking propanalol I know that is stupid.

P.S I can't use Kava and if anyone has any success stories of supplement stacks please let me know because there are so many conflicting options going around

Cheers guys

Hi! I am quite interested in natural remedies also. I am on a lot of medication at the moment, but once that is reduced I will look into it further. I have attached two articles that you may find beneficial. If you really wanted to get right into it, I would suggest visiting a naturopath. The articles I have attached are an interesting read in any case.

Tracy

Beckybecks
01-10-16, 20:23
I was prescribed Vit C, Vit B co, Magnesium and Pantothenic Acid which is said to help reduce anxiety and depression.

dale12345
01-10-16, 20:35
I was prescribed Vit C, Vit B co, Magnesium and Pantothenic Acid which is said to help reduce anxiety and depression.

Did it help?

Niccoles1
02-10-16, 11:10
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Yeah, GP's can be pretty patchy when it comes to nutrition. Some won't want to stick there necks out and stick with standard advice or say they can't advocate something.

From reading threads on here about vitamin B, it has always been a mixture as you found. I think there is always the issue that some people are at worse stages of anxiety or are more sensitised to physical symptoms so it can be hard to know whether the reactions are based on anxiety too. So, what you could try is exposure - why take the whole 100% RDA pill if you can assess the impact by breaking them in half or quarters and building up?

In terms of which B vitamins, probably more B6 for brain processes. It's not just vitamins though, you will want to read how the neurotransmitters are created (Wiki has plenty on this) as some need vitamin C, some are B6, etc. Then you need L-tryptophan too if you are going the Serotonin route but be sure you understand about using carbs to ensure this goes to brain health since certain other amino acids found in protein meals compete and drag the tryptophan with them away from brain health towards other areas of the body e.g. muscle. L-tryptophan in supplement form also avoids other amino acids, so can work. If you are thinking of the 5-HPT route, I suggest you have a read of the Wiki page on that since it explains what else that needs with it.

What sort of magnesium are you going to use? I have found a fair bit of information about the different types and how bioavailable they are. Have you looked at the issue of "elemental" magnesium? And how many magnesium supplements are labelled as elemental incorrectly? I can explain that, if needed.

Cheers this confirmed what i had been thinking. Im not at home at the moment but i have the specific type of magnesium i need i think its called something like melate or chelate. If i Remember rightly.

I don't really want to go down the 5hpt route as it stands i feel as though exercise combined with the stack in hand will do me fine. I don't want to go overboard as i know the effect these supps can have on liver and kidney function.

Agreed with your statement on B6 i think small doses are deffo the way to go. But if it doesn't work then ill be in a bit of rut as for what to do next. I don't want to over do it if you know what i mean ?

Hania22
19-12-16, 07:00
Hmmm Very Interesting stories ..

Jull
05-01-17, 16:07
If you're looking for natural remedies for anxiety, I recommand lavender oil :)
According to the International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, 80 mg of lavender oil might provide a quick relief for depression and anxiety.
The study also claimed that patients would experience no unwanted effects.
This makes lavender outweigh pharmaceutical drugs which have the same impacts but often result in some problems later.
An experiment included 140 women who were experiencing the postpartum period.
The result showed that the inhalation of lavender in a month was effective enough for the prevention against anxiety, stress, and depression after childbirth.