PDA

View Full Version : Muscle/limbs JERKS?!

Leadore
01-10-16, 09:53
I'm having a really hard time dealing with my anxiety right now. To make a long story short: I have been suffering from anxiety and especially health anxiety since I was a child (now 26).

This spring the stress got to me bad and I have been diagnosed with something we in Sweden call "stress collapse", it's similar to a burnout.

Anyway. I first had the common muscle twitching and tingling. Then about 6 months ago I started to have like minor jerks. This happens all over my body but nearly only when I'm relaxed. My foot can sort of jerk. Or my whole leg, hand or arm. What scares me is I know you can get TWITCHES from anxiety, but my problem is that body parts can twitch/jerk? Sometimes when I'm really stressed I can actually see my finger moving up and down :( I'm so scared!

I have done a MRI which was clear. But I am afraid that I have developed medical induced dystonia?! I been on a low dose valium for a couple of months before this started. I'm not on it now.

In shorter periods I think it has gotten better, but then it returns. I am really tense in the muscles also. Sometimes I will actually notice myself pressing my hand together because of tenseness. My BF does not notice the jerks. Also I was even more tense before. I would actually press my feet and legs against the floor, so I guess it maybe has gotten a bit better.

What if it develops? I'm afraid of all psychic meds right now because I know they can induce permanent damaged to the nervous system, so I feel really afraid right now :scared15:

Carnation
01-10-16, 11:15
Don't be sacred Leadore.

You body is repairing itself.
I had the exact same thing and all sorts of horrid things came in to my mind.
Your nerves and muscles are going through a repair process.
Get plenty of rest and sleep and eat healthy and they will eventually fade.

Try some relaxation Apps form the internet and listening to relaxing music. x