PDA

View Full Version : Is this poison ivy?

misslove
01-10-16, 17:40
I have another post about this topic but I'm not even sure if it's poison ivy. It does itch but not a Normal poison ivy itch. More like a dry painful itch. Feels like a million little bee stings. I have had it about a week. There is cortisone10 on it right now that's why it's so shiny. I just can't deal with it anymore! It hurts! I sleep like crap. If it's not better by Monday im going to have to go to the dr. Would taking a Benadryl tablet help at this point? And can I take Benadryl with the cream on?

Captain irrational
02-10-16, 16:42
We don't have poison ivy here in Britain so I'm not sure what it's rash is supposed to look like. However I got a very similar looking rash once from the sap of Euphorbia, it was very painful, felt like bad sunburn. I found aloe vera gel helped to soothe the pain.

Wouldn't hurt to get it looked at. They might be able to prescribe some stronger cream.

misslove
03-10-16, 04:29
I took Benadryl all day yesterday and woke up and it was soooooo much better. Slightly it he's but it was tolerable. I'm so glad it's better. I was almsot crying it was so bad!!!