PDA

View Full Version : Hi! 23 years old and I've had enough already with this panic.

Cez518
01-10-16, 20:14
My whole life i've struggled with some form of OCD / health anxiety. the OCD being things like manually breathing, or focusing intently on my heartbeats. I really dont know why I started doing this, but I know it's occurred since I was a kid- i think due to my parents fighting and causing anxiety in me at such a young age.

Anyways, its been getting worse the past couple months. I mostly had a handle on it, rarely got panic attacks for the past few years, I went successfully thru 4 years of college and here I am. Back in July my father-in-law passed away whom I lived with (along with my boyfriend / his mother). And I had the worst panic attack of my life when he died, that I too thought I was going to die. But hey, what do ya know! I'm not dead, of course, and here I am sharing this with you all now.

I'm trying to find some good sources that can help me get through this and I'm ready to start my path towards healing, since life has really been put at a standstill for me these past few months.

So hello! I look forward to your company and helpful tips. :)

venusbluejeans
01-10-16, 20:25
Hiya Cez518 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
01-10-16, 21:58
Good afternoon Cez518. Despite the anxiety and panic you are experiencing the fact that "you are mad as hell and going to take it anymore" is your best weapon. Here at NMP you will find some great resources and others that understand what you're going through. Best to you Cez518 on your journey, just remember that facing this head on is the best way to live.