PDA

View Full Version : SADS and anxiety

Welshie
02-10-16, 16:46
Hey guys. So since the beggining of the year my anxeity has been giving me grief, but now it's more me panicking over SADS more than anything. When I see young people around my age (21) just dying out of the blue it really shakes me up really badly and gives me anxiety for the rest of the day. I know if it were to happen to me there's nothing I could do but it's just the thought of it just happing, it really worries me and i don't know what to do :(

DrG00GLE
02-10-16, 16:54
Straight out of foundation: "Because SADS condition are passed down from parent to child, each child of an affected parent has a 50% chance of inheriting the condition. It is estimated that over half of the 4,000 SADS deaths each year of children, teens, or young adults have one of the top two warning signs: 1) family history – of a SADS diagnosis or sudden unexplained death (usually undiagnosed and untreated) of a family member, or 2) fainting." If your parent doesn't have this, there's no chance for you to get it. Fainting doesn't mean fainting from anxiety, blood or heat.