PDA

View Full Version : 30mg cit no energy!

pollynewsome
02-10-16, 18:45
So most of you know I increased to 30mg about a week and half ago. Is it normal to just wanna sleep all the time. Just feel absolutely exhausted and no energy! Yesterday I slept from 10pm till 8am.. got up and then laid back down and slept till 11. Went out for an hour came back and slept 12 till 3. Been awake since 3 but now want to sleep. Any advice? ? Xx

R1CH
02-10-16, 20:08
Hi Polly

As you know everyone is different but for me, I definitely feel much more tired on meds and if I wasn't doing anything all day I would probably be nodding off all the time. I think that should wear off after another week or so as your body gets used to the change in dose. Ive just gone up to 150mg sert and I am feeling wiped out and tired, with excessive yawning and I know this was the same for when I was on Cit.

Good luck!

HTH

Rich

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Hi Polly

As you know everyone is different but for me, I definitely feel much more tired on meds and if I wasn't doing anything all day I would probably be nodding off all the time. I think that should wear off after another week or so as your body gets used to the change in dose. Ive just gone up to 150mg sert and I am feeling wiped out and tired, with excessive yawning and I know this was the same for when I was on Cit.

Good luck!

HTH

Rich

pollynewsome
02-10-16, 20:16
Thanks Rich. Yeah let's hope it wears off. Xx

PunkyFish
03-10-16, 13:06
So most of you know I increased to 30mg about a week and half ago. Is it normal to just wanna sleep all the time. Just feel absolutely exhausted and no energy! Yesterday I slept from 10pm till 8am.. got up and then laid back down and slept till 11. Went out for an hour came back and slept 12 till 3. Been awake since 3 but now want to sleep. Any advice? ? Xx

I take this sort of medication (not citalopram) and when I first started taking the medication I'm on I was so tired for a few weeks. It was horrible! all I did was sleep, I had no energy what so ever and everything was an effort. I did spend most of those weeks sleeping both at night and sleepig in the day for a few hours here and there, so it is normal to feel like this. The tiredness for me past after a few weeks after my body got use to the medication. If you're concerned have a chat with your doctor. :)

pollynewsome
03-10-16, 13:59
Thanks for the reply. Xx