PDA

View Full Version : Costochondritis

SmithsFan
02-10-16, 20:18
I am wondering if anyone has suffered from this condition in the past (or currently is).

I noticed a tender spot on the right side of my ribs about a week ago and this has spread to several spots across both sides of my ribs as well as my sternum. It was today before I really noticed any pain when breathing, although there has been what seems like referred pain in my arm and neck.

I also wonder if this could be related to fluoxetine. I have been experiencing side-effects, particularly trouble sleeping, dimishec libido and weak arms since re-starting the drug that I didn't get before. I had a break for about a week when severe gastroenteritis meant I couldn't keep a tablet down and these improved at the time. Since then they are back and the rib pains began as well.would be interested if anyone has ever heard of any connection between Costo and prozac, or has any experiences of increased muscle strains while taking it.

little.miss.worry
02-10-16, 20:35
I am wondering if anyone has suffered from this condition in the past (or currently is).

I noticed a tender spot on the right side of my ribs about a week ago and this has spread to several spots across both sides of my ribs as well as my sternum. It was today before I really noticed any pain when breathing, although there has been what seems like referred pain in my arm and neck.

I also wonder if this could be related to fluoxetine. I have been experiencing side-effects, particularly trouble sleeping, dimishec libido and weak arms since re-starting the drug that I didn't get before. I had a break for about a week when severe gastroenteritis meant I couldn't keep a tablet down and these improved at the time. Since then they are back and the rib pains began as well.would be interested if anyone has ever heard of any connection between Costo and prozac, or has any experiences of increased muscle strains while taking it.

Heya, i've suffered with Costo for over a year now. At first it was awful and lasted for months on end but it does get easier. If the pain gets bad again I take a tablet called Naproxen which helps loads.

Most of the time I forget it then I get the odd chest, or rib pain. I've only ever had two full on attacks of it. Touch wood where the pain hurts that much i'm reduced to tears.

I've found certain things make it flare such as my anxiety which sucks.

Hope this helped! Also, the Smiths are awesome! :D

SmithsFan
02-10-16, 20:41
I've not had it nearly that bad but it has got worse over the past week and I'm hoping the progression stops.

I'm not sure all my tender spots are where you would expect costo to be but that or strained muscles seem the most obvious explanation. My toddler likes to climb on my chest and I have to lift him at awkward angles and perform weird twists as he fights me every step of the way.

And, yes, the Smiths are indeed awesome. Listening to Louder Than Bombs as I type.

little.miss.worry
02-10-16, 20:48
I've not had it nearly that bad but it has got worse over the past week and I'm hoping the progression stops.

I'm not sure all my tender spots are where you would expect costo to be but that or strained muscles seem the most obvious explanation. My toddler likes to climb on my chest and I have to lift him at awkward angles and perform weird twists as he fights me every step of the way.

And, yes, the Smiths are indeed awesome. Listening to Louder Than Bombs as I type.

It could potentially be muscle strain. It's honestly nothing to worry aout especially if you have a toddler! You're bound to pull a muscle/hurt a muscle if he twists etc on you :)

Pain with costochondritis does vary in pain i'm no doctor obviously but to me it does seem like just a bit of muscle strain :)