PDA

View Full Version : To the parents

minny
13-10-04, 18:33
Hi everyone.

My name is Adam and I am Minnys eldest son. I would just like to say how much this site and all you people here have helped my mum.
When she first became ill it was scary for both me and my sisters as we didnt understand anything. Also seeing my mum change from a happy independent self employed person to someone who felt she had lost everything about her was hard.

She has been getting help and she has always helped us to understand what she has been going through. She is much better these days and I know that you people here have helped so on behalf of my sisters and me I would like to say thankyou.

I just want everyone who has children to know that kids understand so dont feel guilty. Just be as honest as you can with your kids and they can then help you get better.

Me and my sisters are very proud of my mum and she is starting to find out what she wants to be again.

Thanks to everyone who helped her

From Adam

Meg
13-10-04, 18:35
Dear Adam ,

many many thanks for posting this .

Its lovely to see someone like your Mum doing so well .
Shes done it all herself so well done to her mostly !

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

kate
13-10-04, 18:40
Hi Adam,

What a lovely post!

I bet your mom is very proud of you and your sisters as well!

Kate x

nomorepanic
13-10-04, 19:42
Hi Adam

What a lovely post and so thoughtful of you to come on and take time to tell us.

Minny is doing great:D We will keep pushing her so she can achieve all she wants to in life.

Nice to know that you care so much about her too.

I bet you are proud of her and vice versa!

xx

Nicola

seh1980
13-10-04, 20:53
Hi Adam,

What a wonderful post!! I'm happy to hear that your mum is doing much better and that we have been able to help her along the way!!

Sarah :D

minny
13-10-04, 21:43
Hi all! Minny here!

I hope none of you mind but I have let my kids read several of your posts. Today Adam asked me if he could write something on here himself and I allowed him too. Im so touched by what he wrote but equally touched with all of your responses.

Reading that others deal with the same issues as myself has helped all 3 of my kids enormously and Im really proud of them and the way they have coped. Im stronger today and they have played a huge part in my recovery.

Adam is about to train as a paediatric nurse and is a naturally mild and sensitive person. He will be doing part of his training in the army as a medic and his application forms are being processed as we speak.

Somehow I know he will do well! :)

Thankyou everyone!

Love Minny...xxx

tara
14-10-04, 08:46
AW Adam, how lovely are you!! What a lovely post! Bet you mum is real proud of you Adam. I reckon your gonna make a fantastisc peds nurse, good luck for you and your familys future Love Tara xxx

pips
14-10-04, 14:41
Thats lovely Adam.

Your Mum is lovely and she is doing really well. Your family all sound so helpful and supportive which is fabulous.

Keep up the good work!

Love PIP'S XX

minny
15-10-04, 18:43
Hiya everyone. Adam here again.

Thankyou for all your posts. Me, my sisters and my dad are all chuffed that mum is getting better and we know that this site has helped her a lot. Me and my sister Lucie who is 14 have helped by handing out some of your leaflets. Mollie who is only 8 was too young to help us but she is glad my mum is happy again.

I would just like to say to any other kids out there whos mum or dad is suffering with the things you deal with that things get easier with time but dont be scared. Ask any questions you want to ask because asking makes it easier to understand. Even if your mum or dad suffers from panic attacks or depression it doesnt mean that they are different. They are still your mum or dad and they still love you.

I want to work with kids as a paediatric nurse and I think what my mum has been through will help me. My mum is a childminder and a youth worker and a registered classroom assistant and a foster carer and she has helped millions of kids. Sometimes grown ups need help and support too.

Thanks again

From Adam ( and Lucie and Mollie)

nomorepanic
15-10-04, 19:06
Adam

Good to see you again.

Thanks for handing out the leaflets - I am sure there are loads of people that need some help.

Good luck with the new job by the way and say hi to Lucie and Mollie from us all.

Take care of your mum as we know you will

x

Nicola