PDA

View Full Version : FLYING TOMORROW ------Arghhhhhhh

anxiousrob
03-10-16, 13:13
So I've been clean / sober of my serious panic attacks for a few months (I still get the odd little twinge, but I kick them back in the cupboard) So anyway, I fly tomorrow.....Argh.... whack, panic overload.
I'm not scared of crashing (well I am a bit) what bothers me is being confined to the aircraft, if I go into panic mode I have no where to run, no where to hide, I certainly cant get off. I've flown before and know its ok "its safe" "I'm fine" but I've got this feeling in the pit of my stomach, I don't want to have a panic attack on a plane. I don't want to go back to square one, I've been doing so well...
Infact im doing better than this time last year when I cancelled our family holiday because I wasn't right...... I've come this far, so it will be fine wont it????? arghhhhhh

times71
03-10-16, 22:57
Fine or not going on the plane will be a big part of your recovery. Don't yield to the fear dude!!! Have fun wherever it is you are going.

eternally optimistic
03-10-16, 23:26
Goooooood luckx

awesome cookie
04-10-16, 15:06
Positive Thinking Don't think Like what if I have a panic
Think am going on my Hols & going to bloody well Injoy it
Think of other stuff count how many people are on plane or make shapes out of the cloudes
Take a ipod and just clear your mind of the worry.

randomforeigner
04-10-16, 19:27
Well, today is "tomorrow" so I'm sure you have arrived at your destination now! How did it go?

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

I don't like to fly either by the way.

But I flew last week and didn't notice anything special as a matter of fact.

My colleagues said it had been a sort of bumpy ride (it had indeed been a light gale during the day) and to my disbelief I heard one had even had to get a hug from a completely unknown passenger :bighug1: while we were landing and the other had become queasy :wacko: from looking at the swaying wings bending to and fro, and from the fact that the plane had made a 180 dgr U-turn first flying south but then redirecting to the north (thus flipping over on the side while turning the way planes do). And they don't consider themselves afraid of flying.

But since I was at the back of the plane with hanging over my fellow-passenger more or less pressing the nose to the window in order to be able to see better, I didn't notice anything of all that, in fact to the contrary: I found it all went very smoothly and it was pretty much like sitting on a bus or a railroad track. The U-turn had been perfectly ordinary if you ask me. It was all very uneventful.

I think I have to reconsider how scared of flying I really am. Maybe it is something else.

I have this scary thought of missing the plane back home and becoming stuck forever in for example the UK, unable to cope, unable to communicate in English, and of not being able to make myself understood. :shrug: Urgh! Ew! The fantasy doesn't include for example a visit to the local embassy, to get an extra passport issued, the normal procedure I guess. It just stops in this queasy feeling of being abandoned, entirely lost, unable to cope, and then it disintegrates... :wacko: