PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have lung cancer

tootingyellow
03-10-16, 13:30
I suffer from pronounced anxiety, particularly health related.I have just been to the doctor for the second time in two weeks worried that I'm losing weight despite eating deliberately badly, and I've lost another six pounds. The doctor is confident it's not lung cancer but she sent me for a chest x-ray this morning. I can't stop worrying and I feel completely alone.

Joe Hayes
03-10-16, 14:24
This is a current worry of mine as well. Chest X-ray is def a good first step. Do you have other symptoms? Be assured howeve that there are a multitude of reasons one can lose weight, anxiety being a huge one.

SLA
03-10-16, 14:33
Deliberately eating badly is only a good thing if you are a long-distance runner, or cycle 200 miles regularly. :D

Do you smoke?

paranoid-viking
03-10-16, 20:19
I suffer from pronounced anxiety, particularly health related.I have just been to the doctor for the second time in two weeks worried that I'm losing weight despite eating deliberately badly, and I've lost another six pounds. The doctor is confident it's not lung cancer but she sent me for a chest x-ray this morning. I can't stop worrying and I feel completely alone.

Your doctor is probably right. Symptoms of lung cancer are very recognisable.
But 2 questions is interesting befor I can answer any further:
1)how old are you?
2)do you smoke cigarettes and if yes have you been doing it a lot for a longer period?