PDA

View Full Version : Reflux help please!

Sam Winter
03-10-16, 18:37
so basically i have terrible reflux and sometimes when i eat too much its like my throat gets all clogged up and sometimes i throw up the undigested bits(gross i know sorry) well today was pretty bad so i throw up most of my dinner(again sorry for the tmi) which was potatoes, so of cause the first few bits was pretty fluid based and i was foolish to continue being sick to the point where i was throwing up bits of my potatoes and now because they were forced up my throat feels more cloggy and chokey and i was wondering if i should panic? like i can breath just fine but i'm still scared i'll randomly choke, anyone else notice this?

Fishmanpa
03-10-16, 19:42
You said: "sometimes when i eat too much its like my throat gets all clogged up and sometimes i throw up the undigested bits"

Common sense dictates eating smaller portions! That, along with eating foods that don't aggravate your reflux would be a start. Look into the FODMAP diet. That, along with my daily Pantoprazole have virtually eliminated my reflux.

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
04-10-16, 19:24
You said: "sometimes when i eat too much its like my throat gets all clogged up and sometimes i throw up the undigested bits"

Common sense dictates eating smaller portions! That, along with eating foods that don't aggravate your reflux would be a start. Look into the FODMAP diet. That, along with my daily Pantoprazole have virtually eliminated my reflux.

Positive thoughts

Thanks! I guess I was just really worried that I might end up choking or something lol I'll try that diet starting tomorrow, thanks again! x

jaynehal
04-10-16, 19:46
Ive had terrible reflux symptoms for a month and had a few tests done, I'm thinking it's just anxiety making it worse

Sam Winter
05-10-16, 11:33
Hi! x.
honestly anxiety can make it worse than it is, i know its frightening but its best to stay calm about it

ServerError
05-10-16, 11:35
While we're on the subject: is GERD a symptom of anxiety or is it separate but made worse by being anxious?

Fishmanpa
05-10-16, 12:44
While we're on the subject: is GERD a symptom of anxiety or is it separate but made worse by being anxious?

I believe it's separate but can be made worse with stress. I'm not a sufferer but have had it for years.

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
05-10-16, 12:47
It is separate but can be made a more living hell by anxiety x

Phuzella
05-10-16, 17:24
Stress can make reflux worse definitely

ServerError
05-10-16, 17:37
Ever since I started to feel better in terms of my anxiety, I've noticed that my acid reflux has been a lot tamer. I just wondered.

I think I should consider getting some treatment for it, though.

Lukas
05-10-16, 18:45
Ever since I started to feel better in terms of my anxiety, I've noticed that my acid reflux has been a lot tamer. I just wondered.

I think I should consider getting some treatment for it, though.
Anxiety can defo make reflux worse, i would still consider getting some treatment because it does really help :)

jonny93
05-10-16, 20:39
Don't worry. I had acid reflux really badly. Get some Lansoprazole from your Doctor and some gaviscon and that will sort it out. It's mainly diet and stress!

almamatters
06-10-16, 08:36
Have had reflux for years, while I don't think anxiety causes it, it definitely makes it worse. Luckily it's treatable with medication. When my anxiety was at its worse, my symptoms were awful and not helped by medication but it did improve once I calmed down a bit. :)

Sam Winter
06-10-16, 13:00
Thanks everyone! :yesyes: my doctor kinda just left me on omeprazole but after going up on tuesday about my ankle his understudy ordered more tests and plans to get me on better medication so fingers crossed :)