PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep

Justinian
04-10-16, 04:01
I can't sleep. Same last night. I can't sleep. How can I do anything if I can't sleep?

Pepperpot
04-10-16, 21:30
Count sheep

Justinian
09-10-16, 20:38
I still can't sleep. No puedo dormir.

Pepperpot
09-10-16, 21:45
Join the club. My mind never switches off. However, it doesn't help that I lie in bed on my phone...

paranoid-viking
10-10-16, 22:23
Dont think about it when you are lying down. If you tries desperately to sleep it wont work. Perhaps you are stressed. If you find a way to relax and let things go; like meditation it may work. But dont lie in bed desperately thinking "damned I can not sleep; must try to sleep"; cause then will even make it worse.

Mcdarkslayer
13-10-16, 14:40
For me i think about stuff which arnt stressful like gaming and think of stratagies and stuff and i would just fall asleep in no time

Justinian
15-10-16, 20:14
For me i think about stuff which arnt stressful like gaming and think of stratagies and stuff and i would just fall asleep in no time

I think about moves/strategies in chess games I'm playing! I also think about how worthless I am.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Join the club. My mind never switches off. However, it doesn't help that I lie in bed on my phone...

Just don't lie on a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 in bed or you might start getting a little warm. Too warm.

Pepperpot
15-10-16, 23:50
I think about moves/strategies in chess games I'm playing! I also think about how worthless I am.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Just don't lie on a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 in bed or you might start getting a little warm. Too warm.

Haha iPhone SE here. Although I don't trust any phone. Got a Samaung Galaxy 5 a couple of years ago and had to get it fixed as it burnt my arm and my ear!!! Briefly fell asleep on the settee and the screen was touching my arm, woke up and it was burnt and stuck to my skin. I also couldn't answer the phone the normal way, had to put it on loud speaker as it heated up to a ridiculous temperature than burnt my ear!
Anyway, I'm in bed again on my phone and I need an early night lol

Justinian
21-10-16, 08:05
Not a single second snoozing sadly.

Ayutthaya11
22-10-16, 21:07
Try night nurse. Not only will you sleep you won't wake up for about 12 hours

Justinian
22-10-16, 21:11
Night Nurse?

I take Klonopin and Quetiapine. I don't think NN is going to do much and I don't want to take any more drugs.

Ayutthaya11
22-10-16, 21:23
Night nurse isn't really classed as a drug as such. You can buy it over the counter. It is to treat colds and flus but has a sedative effect. I've never been addicted to it and only use it as a last resort.

Regardless sleep eventually catches up with you

Justinian
22-10-16, 21:46
Sounds like a drug to me.

jill
22-10-16, 22:44
Hi Hun

I'm so sorry to hear your having problems sleeping this must be so frustrating for you.

I was the opposite, could fall asleep on a washing line lol my waking hours where about mmm 5 hours, will not go into that. I'm OK now. One of my many symptoms

We need are sleep, but, we can have to much or not enough, knowing just how much sleep is needed is a start. They say between 6 to 8 hours is enough.

Because your not sleeping, if you sleep during the day just have cat nap. 10 minutes no more than 20, set your alarm.

Make your bedroom welcoming, look forward to bed, keep the room as dark as possible.
Try and go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time.
Routine is good.

The mind is very powerful, whach your thoughts,

When I was acut with anxiety my thoughts would race at night, I felt sooo scared
The only thing I could think of because I didn't want to be left with my own thoughts was to buy a portable dvd playing. I had it at the side of my bed, I'd put headphones in so not to disturb hubby and the only movies I whached was carry on movies lol till I fell asleep.

This helped soooo much regarding fearful thoughts at night. Not sure if it will help you.

I also used a relaxation cd, which I listed to during the day, it was GREAT but of course..... I fell asleep, this may work for you.

I also learned some breathing exercises which helped sooo much.

They say a milky drink can help.
It is said, that if you can't sleep after half hour, come out of the room, sit, read a book, do something that's boring not to energetic, then go back and try again.

Because you have anxiety PLEASE don't lay there with your negative thoughts, I know how difficult it is to challenge those negative thoughts when your trying to sleep.

Try looking on the net for more information regarding not sleeping.

Remember when searching PLEASE put, anxiety related sleep problems

YOU WILL work this out, believe in yourself, believe the problem can be solved REALLY believe and your mind will find ways to solve it

You take care

Jill xx

NoraB
24-10-16, 08:59
When I was acut with anxiety my thoughts would race at night, I felt sooo scared
The only thing I could think of because I didn't want to be left with my own thoughts was to buy a portable dvd playing. I had it at the side of my bed, I'd put headphones in so not to disturb hubby and the only movies I whached was carry on movies lol till I fell asleep.

This helped soooo much regarding fearful thoughts at night. Not sure if it will help you.

I have anxiety dreams every night and the only time I get any respite from them is if I sleep with the TV on. I'm trying to avoid all electronics before trying to sleep but it does seem to work. I think it's important to use distraction strategies for the long term but you'll try owt when you're knackered.

There also seems to be some evidence for 'white noise' as in sleeping with a fan on at a low speed.

Should also point out that snorting significant others are not conducive to a good nights sleep. I'm thinking of re-locating mine to the shed.:whistles:

Justinian
27-10-16, 18:45
I didn't sleep a wink last night again.

I'm tapering down a benzo and I have hit a minimum that I must take without completely becoming a paranoid recluse who wobbles like jelly at the thought of leaving my home.

Even at this minimum I can no longer sleep.

I guess the benzo-withdrawal horror stories were true all along.

Justinian
11-12-16, 20:29
No memory of typing ^ :-S