PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Scare??(TMI)

BrokenAge
04-10-16, 10:54
I'm absolutely terrified atm and have no outlet right now. I'm 17 and my girlfriend is 16. We've had sex dozens of times but always worn protection and I've always looked at the condoms afterwards and none of them seemed broken or torn. So today was the second day of her period and it was extremely light and it just stopped. Instantly I Googled it and pregnancy popped up. I'm so worried she's pregnant, she talked about abortion and that's even worse to me. Morally I don't like abortion but it would be her choice not mine. She's no worried about it that much but I'm freaking out. It's not normal for a period to just stop out of the blue. She said her breasts are a bit sore but also thats normal for her when she's on her period. She was slightly nauseas but no vomiting and it only lasted a little bit after we ate. Anyone have any advice because I'm losing my mind with anxiety right now.

ServerError
04-10-16, 11:34
Firstly, you're going to have to calm down and start thinking rationally. All this panic is not getting you any closer to knowing what's going on. Modern condoms are extremely effective at preventing pregnancy, though obviously they can't be 100% perfect. The odds are massively in your favour, though (assuming pregnancy would be bad news).

Secondly, I'm sure you're girlfriend knows her body. If she's not overly worried, neither should you be. If there's doubt about what this change in the nature of her period means, you need to support each other as you deal with this. And no, being young doesn't get you out of that obligation to one another. I'm sure you're a supportive guy, though.

Finally, I'm sure you know what you need to do to get an answer. She should take a pregnancy test. I suspect it will come back negative, but that's the way forward if you want an answer.

BrokenAge
04-10-16, 22:48
Thank you for the feedback. I'm buying the test today and I'll find out then but her period is normally irregular so that's a good sign I guess. She had a few cramps at night but nothing unusual.