PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid area pain...scared.

ScarletSpeedster
04-10-16, 15:02
Hey guys,

I posted a couple of months ago in regards to this issue, but I still have it, and it is driving me crazy with all of the worrying.

Basically, about midway down my right side throat area, it feels like 'something' is there, in which I mean when I speak or swallow, or just in general etc. that part of my throat feels different/swollen/sore (but not a painful sore, just scratched). I will be honest, I have had a good squash and massage around the area for weeks, and around my neck glands too (which I always feel are swollen on the right side, but others tell me are not).

I don't feel any lumps, and I have done the swallow test loads of times to check for any sign of a thyroid lump, which I never really can see much difference on either side (although my anxiety tries to tell me otherwise).

I also sometimes get a pain at - mainly in the right side again - the very back of my throat/ tonsil area, and itchy ears.

I do have allergies, and have only just the other day started to take some tablets for this, hoping it would help ease the worry.

I am worried about thyroid cancer, as this feeling in my throat feels worrying to me. I would say it has been about two months since I first noticed it, and I think, it did lessen for a few weeks in between now and then, but is now back.

Ah. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Beckybecks
04-10-16, 16:09
You're probably focusing too much on this area.
With anxiety we often have throat problems. Apparently it's just sensitive little nerve endings. The sensation will go when you stop focusing on it and stop being so anxious.
Try to occupy your mind with something else. You'll probably find that during that time you had no problems with your throat area.
Also people with health anxiety tend to feel any body sensations more than normal people would feel them, like a huge pain to us would be hardly noticeable to a person without anxiety.