PDA

View Full Version : Labryhthitis or something else?? Worried

Jessicasmummy
05-10-16, 09:35
Hi guys well after suffering vertigo and feeling spaced out for 2 weeks I attended my gp who said I have labryhthitis. Gave me stomatal and said it will make me feel better and help. I'm just worried it's not labryhthitis and something more sinister. What if the tablets dont work? I feel like I've lost 2 weeks of my life with this and don't think I could go on any longer with it. Has anyone had this and got better?

Gary A
05-10-16, 11:07
Doctors diagnose labyrinthitis mostly based on the description of the type of dizziness you're suffering. Labyrinthitis will present signs of peripheral dizziness, meaning the dizziness is caused by something other than the brain. Dizziness caused by a brain malfunction is known as central dizziness.

Peripheral dizziness is more likely to come in waves, and is generally made worse with head movements or changes in posture. It almost always presents with bouts of vertigo and illusions of movement.

Doctors know fine well the difference between central and peripheral vertigo. Labyrinthitis is fairly common, and even after treatment can still cause lingering symptoms, so don't worry too much if you don't feel better right away.

conan
06-10-16, 03:07
i had this. went to the doctor after a week who gave me stemetil and i'm afraid to say it did absolutely nothing. so for me, that was all the confirmation i needed to be sure i had a brain tumour.

it went away by itself two weeks later and hasn't happened since. it's common.

Jessicasmummy
06-10-16, 11:20
I do feel a difference and can focus on stuff now and don't feel poorly now. Still going dizzy now and again! Im hoping this is it going away. Glad I feel more human though. Just hope i dont get worse again

lily1
10-10-16, 15:41
Stress triggered my Labs. It does get better, it can take a few weeks, but moving about is the best cure, that helped me xx

brucealmighty
10-10-16, 16:12
very unsettling but theres a therapy you can do called the espley manouevre its on youtube and if your condition turns out to be caused by crystals settling in your inner ear this can help, have a look its quite safe and involves lying down then performing a series of head movements in sequence
it can take a lot of getting used to losing your balance, but its very rarely anything sinister

hope it all works out well for you