PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Balance? Please reply

helenhoo
05-10-16, 10:14
Both times have reasonable explanations.

Saturday after being intimate I get out of bed with little room to manoeuvre and and almost buckled.

Yesterday on the elevator in a mall I got 'electric shock type zap off the banister and must've moved forward and was no more step to walk so leaned forward a bit hitting the next one.

Are these true instances in losing balance? Of course I worry about tumors. Apart from a head cold I feel 100% in my self.

ServerError
05-10-16, 10:27
So you feel 100% fine and your momentary losses of balance have sensible explanations?

Classic brain tumour symptoms.

helenhoo
05-10-16, 10:28
But do they have explanations? Are they normal explanations? To nearly buckle over? Sorry server. I have been doing well.

KatiePink
05-10-16, 10:39
I don't mean to sound insensitive but you started your post by saying they both have explanations, then asked if they have explanations, I don't get your questions.

After being 'Intimate' i can genuinely say my legs have fallen from underneath me when trying to walk too soon, also if it's relevant to this case i have orgasms that make me feel out of it for a while. :blush:

I think it's perfectly normal and i think you know that both of these are normal.

I always lose my footing in lifts or on escalators.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Just to add, i think what you need to drum into your head is that if something was sinister or 'not normal' you would KNOW it without asking anyone, you wouldn't be asking "Is this normal, i think this, it could be that though" you would just know it wasn't a normal sensation.

Gary A
05-10-16, 10:56
But do they have explanations? Are they normal explanations? To nearly buckle over? Sorry server. I have been doing well.

You said yourself they were perfectly reasonable explanations.

Balance problems associated with brain tumours don't have explanations, that's the point. You would be struggling to walk, period. You would be suffering prolonged and violent bouts of vertigo and disequilibrium.

You have been doing better but I still feel that you're never far from a fall. I understand it'll take time, but you really need to start listening more to the rational side of yourself. Its in there somewhere, but you don't trust it.

ServerError
05-10-16, 10:58
After being 'Intimate' i can genuinely say my legs have fallen from underneath me when trying to walk too soon, also if it's relevant to this case i have orgasms that make me feel out of it for a while. :blush:

If your boyfriend has any tips, could I get you to pass my email address on? Thanks. :roflmao:

---------

Helen,

I don't feel you need to apologise to me. This forum is here for everybody to seek support, after all. It's just that, with respect, I found this to be your daftest post yet. It amounts to "everything's fine, does that mean I'm dying?".

My reply was a little snarky, I know, but the fact your post is so ridiculous is a good thing. It demonstrates that the thing you're worrying about isn't true.

I would drop the whole "I've been doing well lately" act, though. It may well be true, and people doing well is always welcome news, but in your case, it feels like you say it in the hope people will give you an easier ride. These psychological issues rarely go away spontaneously, so having a few days where you weren't quite so obsessive is great, but it isn't enough. To be truly "doing well", you need to be managing the condition you have and working on it. It doesn't seem like that's happening in your case.

I really feel your urgently need treatment for this because it isn't going to go away and it clearly hindering your enjoyment of life. I know you're waiting for therapy, but you aren't going to get it if you go off to South Korea soon. I keep asking you these same questions and you don't reply, but I'll try again: how does the mental health system in South Korea work? What will you do if moving to such a different culture causing your OCD (or whatever your diagnosis might be) to spiral out of control? What services in South Korea are available to you to help you work on this?

These are important questions. This forum is no use to you. You've the wealth of Terry's knowledge and everything from positive words to sound advice to the occasional scalding from various members. It isn't helping you. You need professional help. What will you do in South Korea if you feel an urgent need to post, but nobody replies for hours because the majority of posters are in a different timezone? How will you handle that?

I accept that you have a condition that causes you to think and to worry in the way that you do. I don't pretend to be an expert in these conditions, so when I try to help, I generally focus on encouraging the person to seek the real-world help and support they need, and to do my best to explain why the poster needs to address the real issue. You have to tackle it if you want a happy life.

You might get a brain tumour, Helen. That's the risk we take by being born with brains. But the odds of a young woman getting one are tiny. They aren't that common generally. This is all you need to know about brain tumours. Have you had crushing headaches? Have you had any seizures - big ones where you have to be scooped off the floor having been out of it for minutes on end? Have you had memory or speech problems? No, so you don't have a tumour.

Despite my earlier terse response, I haven't "run out of patience". I just don't know how much help the kid gloves are to you, if any. You need to ask yourself some very searching questions about the future and where this thing goes for you. I had to do it too. Others have done it. Leaving psychological conditions untreated is not wise. I did for a decade with depression and ended up in hospital. I'm not saying that would happen to you, but why put your mental health at risk when your condition is so treatable? Yeah, I know the NHS isn't great when it comes to mental health, but you're on the list. Don't throw away this chance to get better.

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:05
If your boyfriend has any tips, could I get you to pass my email address on? Thanks.

:roflmao: I'm not letting him take all of the credit for the outcome, there's no I in team :whiplash:

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

If your boyfriend has any tips, could I get you to pass my email address on? Thanks. :roflmao:

---------

Helen,

I don't feel you need to apologise to me. This forum is here for everybody to seek support, after all. It's just that, with respect, I found this to be your daftest post yet. It amounts to "everything's fine, does that mean I'm dying?".

My reply was a little snarky, I know, but the fact your post is so ridiculous is a good thing. It demonstrates that the thing you're worrying about isn't true.

I would drop the whole "I've been doing well lately" act, though. It may well be true, and people doing well is always welcome news, but in your case, it feels like you say it in the hope people will give you an easier ride. These psychological issues rarely go away spontaneously, so having a few days where you weren't quite so obsessive is great, but it isn't enough. To be truly "doing well", you need to be managing the condition you have and working on it. It doesn't seem like that's happening in your case.

I really feel your urgently need treatment for this because it isn't going to go away and it clearly hindering your enjoyment of life. I know you're waiting for therapy, but you aren't going to get it if you go off to South Korea soon. I keep asking you these same questions and you don't reply, but I'll try again: how does the mental health system in South Korea work? What will you do if moving to such a different culture causing your OCD (or whatever your diagnosis might be) to spiral out of control? What services in South Korea are available to you to help you work on this?

These are important questions. This forum is no use to you. You've the wealth of Terry's knowledge and everything from positive words to sound advice to the occasional scalding from various members. It isn't helping you. You need professional help. What will you do in South Korea if you feel an urgent need to post, but nobody replies for hours because the majority of posters are in a different timezone? How will you handle that?

I accept that you have a condition that causes you to think and to worry in the way that you do. I don't pretend to be an expert in these conditions, so when I try to help, I generally focus on encouraging the person to seek the real-world help and support they need, and to do my best to explain why the poster needs to address the real issue. You have to tackle it if you want a happy life.

You might get a brain tumour, Helen. That's the risk we take by being born with brains. But the odds of a young woman getting one are tiny. They aren't that common generally. This is all you need to know about brain tumours. Have you had crushing headaches? Have you had any seizures - big ones where you have to be scooped off the floor having been out of it for minutes on end? Have you had memory or speech problems? No, so you don't have a tumour.

Despite my earlier terse response, I haven't "run out of patience". I just don't know how much help the kid gloves are to you, if any. You need to ask yourself some very searching questions about the future and where this thing goes for you. I had to do it too. Others have done it. Leaving psychological conditions untreated is not wise. I did for a decade with depression and ended up in hospital. I'm not saying that would happen to you, but why put your mental health at risk when your condition is so treatable? Yeah, I know the NHS isn't great when it comes to mental health, but you're on the list. Don't throw away this chance to get better.

:yesyes: That's all you need to read Helen. Read it over and over again.

Gary A
05-10-16, 11:16

The jealousy and inferiority I feel after reading this post is actually pretty intense. :scared15:

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:20
The jealousy and inferiority I feel after reading this post is actually pretty intense. :scared15:

:roflmao: :roflmao: !

I think my comment has stolen the limelight here Helen, see it's a good thing that you nearly buckled just ask these guys :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
05-10-16, 11:26

Well this doesn't half make me feel inadequate, my GF reads a book through it! I put my foot down at the knitting though! As I understand it from more senior married men I should be grateful since she's decided to stay awake at least :blush::ohmy::D

I've heard the saying "walking like John Wayne" too!

I was watching Benidorm earlier and Jacqueline came back in a wheelchair after a "session"... thats just bragging. :roflmao:

ServerError
05-10-16, 11:28
I haven't been... intimate... since 2011, Terry. So at this point I'd happily allow any potential partner to knit! As long as she was, you know, careful...

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:30
Well this doesn't half make me feel inadequate, my GF reads a book through it! I put my foot down at the knitting though! As I understand it from more senior married men I should be grateful since she's decided to stay awake at least :blush::ohmy::D

I've heard the saying "walking like John Wayne" too!

I was watching Benidorm earlier and Jacqueline came back in a wheelchair after a "session"... thats just bragging. :roflmao:

:roflmao: I can't stop laughing. I think we need an 'R' rated section on this site, i may start one :winks:

I think a wheelchair is a tad much, my health anxiety would go through the roof! :D

Gary A
05-10-16, 11:41
Must be hard having a girlfriend with health anxiety.

"That must have been amazing, look at you, you can't even walk"

Her: "No, I think it's a brain tumour."

:lac:

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:44

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm not lying i have genuinely said that before!!

But in my defense i do realise how daft it is as soon as i've said it and start laughing :doh: :blush:

ServerError
05-10-16, 11:44

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:47
This has really made me laugh, i hope it brings a smile to your face too Helen and i apologize for what your thread has now become! :D

ServerError
05-10-16, 11:49
"Have you farted or am I having phantom smells?"

KatiePink
05-10-16, 11:51

:roflmao: Haha stop it! That i can thankfully say i've never said.. yet!

I could dedicate a whole thread to some of my one liner's, talk about ruining the moment :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
05-10-16, 11:59
Yeah Gary, imagine being asked "is that normal, should it feel like that?". Perhaps there is a direct link between performance anxiety in men with women with HA? :biggrin:

Best to be careful, Server, imagine your confusion pulling out and finding a stitch holder on the end of it? :biggrin:

Katie, if we had an R section on here I doubt we would see you anywhere else! :roflmao:

Reb - whilst I don't have HA I am a symptom focused GADer and I've had the same during & after sex. The best thing to do is try your best to accept it as momentarily unpleasant but normal and just that you are focusing on something that you've probably had before but not realised because you weren't anxious about such things back then. That and repetition got me beyond problems with symptom focus regarding sex.

Honestly, some of us on here have had symptom problems during DIY :winks: and it's all because we are questioning symptoms with heightened sensitivity, the classic issue in anxiety, and what was normal and often irrelevant had become a "what was that, should I be afraid" response.

It's just like how the correct feeling of excitement turns to worry because of similar physical symptoms of anxiety or a fear it will "tip over" into anxiety. Been there, done all that.

KatiePink
05-10-16, 12:08
Yeah Gary, imagine being asked "is that normal, should it feel like that?". Perhaps there is a direct link between performance anxiety in men with women with HA? :biggrin:

Best to be careful, Server, imagine your confusion pulling out and finding a stitch holder on the end of it? :biggrin:

Katie, if we had an R section on here I doubt we would see you anywhere else! :roflmao:

Reb - whilst I don't have HA I am a symptom focused GADer and I've had the same during & after sex. The best thing to do is try your best to accept it as momentarily unpleasant but normal and just that you are focusing on something that you've probably had before but not realised because you weren't anxious about such things back then. That and repetition got me beyond problems with symptom focus regarding sex.

Honestly, some of us on here have had symptom problems during DIY :winks: and it's all because we are questioning symptoms with heightened sensitivity, the classic issue in anxiety, and what was normal and often irrelevant had become a "what was that, should I be afraid" response.

It's just like how the correct feeling of excitement turns to worry because of similar physical symptoms of anxiety or a fear it will "tip over" into anxiety. Been there, done all that.

I can relate to this Helen, about 6 months ago i was worrying because upon orgasm i was getting this horrendous sort of thunderclap headache that started at the back of my head, it was terrifying i was convinced it was an aneurysm or something along those lines. Doctor said it's nothing, didn't believe them, they said it would pass, didn't believe them, had it every time i 'O' even alone, spent a lot of time stressing then it eventually went like he said...

No aneurysm, no tumour, just one of those things, i really need to start listening to my own advice more lol.

:roflmao: that's not true :blush:

ServerError
05-10-16, 12:09
imagine your confusion pulling out and finding a stitch holder on the end of it? :biggrin:

Been there, done that.

This thread is three pages of utter, utter drivel. :D

helenhoo
06-10-16, 12:09
Probably ridiculous but im worrying now because I don't remember taking my top off in the night. I briefly recall having sweaty boobs but that's it. Is it possible I was just half asleep?

Gary A
06-10-16, 12:17
Probably ridiculous but im worrying now because I don't remember taking my top off in the night. I briefly recall having sweaty boobs but that's it. Is it possible I was just half asleep?

Why do you need to even ask this question?

ServerError
06-10-16, 12:26

Did you read any of the earlier posts in this thread? The sensible ones, I mean. Like, the one where I asked you some pretty pertinent questions?

brucealmighty
06-10-16, 12:40
I`ve really missed these posts, I was getting fairly relaxed trying to help people and receiving a bit of feedback and feeling good about life again, then bosh!! `I`ve got sweaty boobs and nearly stumbled off an escalator`

if anyone can help with that one I am full of man flu and when I coughed hard this morning I actually had an odd bang in the nape of my neck. not being sarky or mocking anyone, it was like someone had hit me. hasn`t happened since but I never recall it happening before in my life either.

its not troubling me hugely but if anyones had similar - no it wasn`t the wife hitting me - it would be nice to hear.

ServerError
06-10-16, 12:48
I`ve really missed these posts, I was getting fairly relaxed trying to help people and receiving a bit of feedback and feeling good about life again, then bosh!! `I`ve got sweaty boobs and nearly stumbled off an escalator`

if anyone can help with that one I am full of man flu and when I coughed hard this morning I actually had an odd bang in the nape of my neck. not being sarky or mocking anyone, it was like someone had hit me. hasn`t happened since but I never recall it happening before in my life either.

its not troubling me hugely but if anyones had similar - no it wasn`t the wife hitting me - it would be nice to hear.

Are you saying you've been triggered by Helen's sweaty boobs?

brucealmighty
06-10-16, 12:55
well I hadn`t actually considered that but when I read about those rascals...:D
maybe there`s a link...

no i had a coughing fit this morning and literally thought `eh?` it was like a slap almost but inside my neck at the back. I haven`t got a trapped nerve or any tissue/muscle problems in the area that would have cracked so it was just a bit odd.

ladies discussing their body parts often causing me to go all hot and bothered, but I`ve never known them to cause mild explosions in my neck so far!

Colicab85
06-10-16, 13:25
Had a bad couple of days. This is helping. :)

Helen, you're fine. You've been worried about a brain tumour for quite a few months now with absolutely no symptom progression at all.

You're all good.

KatiePink
06-10-16, 13:41
I can see why people would struggle to take that question seriously Helen. Read out loud what you've said.

I've woke up on all sorts of states and have no memory of anything, apparently I've even had a rather big argument with my partner once about a woman named Emily :roflmao:

Don't even spend another second questioning that it's ludicrous to think that means anything, honestly.

ServerError
06-10-16, 13:45
I've woke up on all sorts of states and have no memory of anything, apparently I've even had a rather big argument with my partner once about a woman named Emily :roflmao:

Emily is a bit of a cow, to be fair.

Fishmanpa
06-10-16, 15:34

:roflmao: Thank you for that! I haven't had a laugh in a while!

Positive thoughts

brucealmighty
06-10-16, 15:40
a good friend of mine actually did have a brain tumour some years back and I don`t recall him ever mentioning having sweaty boobs but I`m out with him this weekend so will ask if it was a symptom, and if indeed his tits dried up nicely again after the operations and follow on treatment.

I`ll also confirm if he randomly forgot getting undressed at night, I think he was more concerned about the almost total loss of motor functions and eyesight but you never know.

MyNameIsTerry
06-10-16, 22:44
I can see why people would struggle to take that question seriously Helen. Read out loud what you've said.

Don't even spend another second questioning that it's ludicrous to think that means anything, honestly.

I bet your partner was worrying what he was about to get accused of?!!! :ohmy:

KatiePink
06-10-16, 23:22
I bet your partner was worrying what he was about to get accused of?!!! :ohmy:

Yep! He's a serial dream cheater :mad:

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

I've woke up on all sorts of states and have no memory of anything,

Oh damn! I definitely meant to put 'in'*

:blush:

MyNameIsTerry
07-10-16, 08:34
Yep! He's a serial dream cheater :mad:

Psst...that's what elbows were invented for.:winks:

Oh damn! I definitely meant to put 'in'*

:blush:

:roflmao:I never noticed that so thanks for drawing our attention to it. Over to Server for a whitty comment. :winks:

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

Wait until you get to my age, it becomes more about wondering whether you've put things on as you are walking down the street! :roflmao:

The brain works differently when in sleep stages, it's all very different. I can remember once waking up, getting out of bed and getting some vitamins out to put them on the table and then I fell back asleep. I woke up wondering how the hell they had got there.

If you want a funny one, my big brother has a plentiful supply of strange things he's done in the night, all due to alcohol. I remember we once found him asleep in the bath with nothing on. Weird eh? Well, not as weird as the fact he had first gone upstairs to get undressed and fetched a pillow to put in the bath! :shrug::D