PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Ceri78
05-10-16, 10:30
I don't know... I'm really fed up,is anyone else like me where your getting one symptom after another?not imagining this though in anyway they are definitely there. I'm starting to feel embarrassed going to the doctors all the time as I'm sure they must think I'm daft but my symptoms are real.I had an ultrasound yesterday as for weeks I've been suffering pain in left ovary and was sure I had growing cyst as I have pcos,they found cysts but nothing sinister so know I've put the growing cyst out of my mind I'm now focused on my left kidney as I've been having left side back pain since last night!! I'm trying not to google .....every morning I wake up and pray to be pain free from one thing or another:weep: but for months I've had different "illnesses "I just want to feel myself again. Thanks for listening xxt

SLA
05-10-16, 10:56
Not every feeling is a symptom of something else.

Symptom is defined as:

a physical or mental feature which is regarded as indicating a condition of disease

Many bodily sensations are transitory and passing. So try to make that your default reaction to a new feeling, and dont immediately label them symptoms.

If you focus on one body part consistantly, you will notice sensations more in those areas. So it is very easy to start feeling things that aren't actually there, or important.

Do not localise your focus on specific body parts.

If you have persistent problems in one area, and you can't NOT focus on it, then get it checked out.

Sam Winter
05-10-16, 11:06
I don't know... I'm really fed up,is anyone else like me where your getting one symptom after another?not imagining this though in anyway they are definitely there. I'm starting to feel embarrassed going to the doctors all the time as I'm sure they must think I'm daft but my symptoms are real.I had an ultrasound yesterday as for weeks I've been suffering pain in left ovary and was sure I had growing cyst as I have pcos,they found cysts but nothing sinister so know I've put the growing cyst out of my mind I'm now focused on my left kidney as I've been having left side back pain since last night!! I'm trying not to google .....every morning I wake up and pray to be pain free from one thing or another:weep: but for months I've had different "illnesses "I just want to feel myself again. Thanks for listening xxt
Hi there! x.
i completely understand what you mean, after being diagnosed with three types of anxiety last september its like my health has been hell, LPR, random pain here, random there, i've been to my doctor quite a bit and he reckons there's nothing wrong but i went up yesterday about my ankle hurting(turns out i have tendonitis ow) i got his understudy instead though and she ordered more tests for my reflux and thyroid which is awesome :yesyes: i know how it feels, like you're not you anymore, you feel crazy because you're seeing and feeling things nobody else can, it does really suck but rest assure that you will be back to normal eventually, whether it's health or anxiety you can rid yourself of it, you just gotta stay calm and believe :hugs: