PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety since 2001 (off and on)

Mowser
05-10-16, 12:01
Hello folks

First suffered from anxiety in January 2001 around about the time I quit smoking for good. It gradually got worse as I didnt understand what was happening to me, I suffered Derealization which I took to be psychosis and the downward spiral continued. My doctor at the time was most unsympathetic and sent me away with beta blockers. Things changed when i got a locum doctor one day who prescribed Cipramil/Celexa. Within a couple of weeks I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

Since 2001 I have been for the most part stable and healthy with the occasional anxiety blip. A few weeks ago my symptoms reoccurred, I have a much better doctor these days, she has put me on 40mg Propranolol 3 times a day and has doubled my dose of Cipramil from 20mg to 40mg. I think I'm getting some nasty side effects from the Cipramil like not being able to get back to sleep and sometimes intense derealization. Hoping these will pass. My background level of anxiety is at least low now.

Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself :)

Mowser

venusbluejeans
05-10-16, 12:07
Hiya Mowser and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sam Winter
05-10-16, 12:09
Hi there Mowser! x.
welcome to NMP :welcome:
so glad to hear you're stable and doing well, sorry about the sleeping side effect however, i hope it clears up and i hope you find the forums helpful :)