PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head

julieG
05-10-16, 13:09
Hi

Does anyone get a feeling of head/ear pressure? For around a week now, it feels like as if im straining and the pressure in my head feels high. I also get ectopic heartbeats which give me the same sensation.

I had a lumbar puncture a couple of months ago so my brain working overtime that something went wrong with that although i know thats highly unlikely!

I also had a CT brain scan so i know i dont have a tumour or anything.

Im wondering if for some reason it could be linked to my heart/pulse. GP says im fine but its been hard to explain these odd symptoms so im not sure if i got my point over to her correctly.

Thanks in advance.

usagi_x
05-10-16, 14:06
I've been getting this a lot too :(

anxious848
05-10-16, 14:29
any neck pain? My neck issues were muscular but didn't feel like it. Had blurred vision at times, pressure in my head, migraines, vertigo and nausea. Clean MRI, MRA and blood work. I saw a physiotherapist and she diagnosed me with severe myofascial pain. After seeing her for 3 months I was back to my normal self...well...ready to move onto the next health issue as I have health anxiety.

Beckybecks
05-10-16, 14:54
I first got this head pressure problem about six years ago. My GP said it was sinusitis but having HA I wasn't convinced of course. (My own diagnosis as far worse!)

I found another Dr, who after listening to my history of anxiety told me it was due to high levels of stress hormones.

I had six weeks of acupuncture together with a lot of vitamins and supplements that he prescribed. It took almost two months to go. But I suspect it was because I had extreme anxiety with it which prolonged it.

I've had this several more times since then, but now that I know what it is and that it'll eventually go it only lasts a week or even less.

julieG
07-10-16, 12:52
Thanks everyone. I hate it this health anxiety and am only happy when the symptom goes away. I find it really hard to have a symptom and accept and ignore it when it makes me feel so awful.

My Doctor is amazing and so patient with me but i struggle to 'believe' her sometimes when she doesnt give me a firm answer as to what is wrong.

My neck is ok i think. It just feels like someone is pressing on both sides of my neck and my head will explode. The only other thing i have is when i look up, i get massive pressure and pain in my ears and head.

Thanks for replying and i hope you are all well.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Ive actually just read something on another page about head pressure which sums it up perfectly: 'i feel like a michelin man has been shoved inside my head'.

Not funny to suffer from it but quite a witty description lol.

andrea15
20-10-16, 15:24
Hi. Felt I had to reply to this as I have very similar feelings of pressure around my forehead, ears and sometimes eyes. Sometimes I get sharp pains too in my head and ears. I hate having this weird feeling in my ears. I am tired constantly. Saw my GP Monday who has changed my anti depressants. Anxiety has hit a peak as I have Googled every Brain Tumour page I can find and almost convinced myself it is that! I know, logically, it could be a number of things. Around 18 months ago I had a similar experience and had vision problems including an episode of tunnel vision and ended up with reading glasses - optician spotted nothing sinister. If a tumour was causing that 18 months ago I imagine I would be in a lot of pain and having lots of other problems by now. Since doing my 'research' I have started to feel faint and nauseous but I am telling myself this is just the fear - heck of a coincidence it started after I Googled everything! My GP thinks this could all be anxiety and stress. Feel free to pm me if you fancy a chat. Would like to know how you are doing now

Andrea

lswinters
20-10-16, 15:57
Hi

Does anyone get a feeling of head/ear pressure? For around a week now, it feels like as if im straining and the pressure in my head feels high. I also get ectopic heartbeats which give me the same sensation.

I had a lumbar puncture a couple of months ago so my brain working overtime that something went wrong with that although i know thats highly unlikely!

I also had a CT brain scan so i know i dont have a tumour or anything.

Im wondering if for some reason it could be linked to my heart/pulse. GP says im fine but its been hard to explain these odd symptoms so im not sure if i got my point over to her correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi JulieG,
I had pressure in my head and ears, too. Still get them sometimes if I get up too fast. I went to the doctor's to get my ears checked and he found out that my Eustachian tubes were filled up. Have you had your inner ears, mainly your Eustachian tubes checked? I also have heart palpitations which I am on medicine for (Propranolol is helping me with that).
The doctor put me on Flonase and a medication for congestion. Hope you feel better soon.
Linda W.

julieG
18-11-16, 12:29
thanks everyone for your comments and stories. this is still happening to me and i hate it. i dont really notice it when im distracted so i have to think thats a good sign. I hate new symptoms!!

Hope you are all well also.

Julie x