PDA

View Full Version : 20mg Citalopram. 28 Days Later....

JoeM89
05-10-16, 17:35
Hi Everyone

I've just finished my first 28 day course of 20mg Citalopram. I do feel slightly better mentally, but I actually feel worse physically. I'm really struggling to control my body temperature, and I have cold and sweaty hands and feet pretty much every day. I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything similar?

I'm going to stick with it for another 28 days. Just hope these physical side effects go away soon.

Joe

lilboops
07-10-16, 20:11
I'm coming up on 6 weeks and have bad stomach upset, retching, fatigue and fluctuate between hot flashes and chills. I'm giving it two more weeks and if I dont feel better, I'm going to wean off.

MyNameIsTerry
08-10-16, 06:37
Serotonin is used in controlling your body temperature so it's probably side effects and how your body is getting used to the drug or increased Serotonin. Try and ride it out and see how you feel later. The first 4-6 weeks can often mean symptoms. Mine reduced in week 3 but it was week 5 when they seemed to go.

Mojo61
08-10-16, 07:38
I've been on citalopram for over 6 months now and I'm still not quite there. Much improved on how I was 6 months ago and now able to work part time and have a holiday, but more work to be done yet until I would consider myself "recovered"

It is a long process for many people, it doesn't happen overnight sadly but more a very gradual process - sometimes so gradual that you don't think it's actually working but slowly in the background cogs are turning so don't give up. :)

JoeM89
16-10-16, 15:54
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm definitely going to stick it out for another month and then seeither where I'm at. I'm also going to stop binge drinking at the weekend as I don't think it's doing meverything any favours at all.