PDA

View Full Version : Waking Tired

Colicab85
06-10-16, 13:28
Can anyone relate to this? Been getting this a lot recently.

My anxiety is now becoming more manageable as time passes and nothing gets worse or anything.

However, one thing that confuses me, I go to bed feeling great. At calm, at peace etc. I get a solid 7.5 hrs and i wake up feeling knackered?

Whats the deal with this? Do i need more sleep?

SLA
06-10-16, 13:38
I think its normal to wake up feeling tired. I give myself around 20 minutes to actually wake up.

Developing a consistent morning routine is important to get you set up for the day.

Colicab85
06-10-16, 13:47
Thanks for the reply...no doubt its usual to wake up tired but it feels very "different" to how I'd feel before I started with Anxiety.

SLA
06-10-16, 14:12
Different in what way?

Colicab85
06-10-16, 14:13
I can't explain it....it doesnt feel a usual feeling of tired. I'm much MORE tired than I was before Anxiety but it feels a different kind of tired.

I know I'm being very unhelpful. I just can't explain it very well.

Mojo61
06-10-16, 18:33
Are you taking any meds. I know exactly what you mean, you don't feel refreshed like you used to after a night's sleep? I feel the same.

Colicab85
06-10-16, 19:16
I'm not taking any at the moment. I stopped taking Sertraline cold turkey a few weeks ago.

Joe Hayes
06-10-16, 19:21
I am taking trazodone for sleep and sertraline for anxiety and definitely wake up very tired. It's weird.

Mojo61
06-10-16, 20:34
Ever since I've been on citalopram I've been having the weirdest dreams ever. They seem to go on and on and they are so realistic! I wake up exhausted just from going through these dreams every night. I don't think that's helping, and could be why I never feel refreshed in the mornings.

Colicab85
06-10-16, 20:48
At least it's not just me.

Fishmanpa
06-10-16, 20:50
I can personally attest that stress causes fatigue despite restful sleep. Since this thing started with my wife, I've been running ragged and not slept well. Even on nights where I do get a really solid uninterrupted 8+ hours, I still feel like I've been hit by a truck.

So there's no doubt in my mind that being in a constant state of stress, regardless of it's source or severity will cause fatigue even with sleep.

Positive thoughts

sidiam
06-10-16, 21:18
in a constant state of stress, regardless of it's source or severity will cause fatigue even with sleep.
couldn't agree more. I'm the same...even if I have a "good night" I am always tired when I wake up and it often lasts all day. Feeling reasonable at the moment but it is 22.11 here and I know for sure I will wake up feeling dreadful tomorrow. Should I be satisfied with the few hours after about 20.00 when I'm not too bad and accept that the rest will be
"same s**t, different day"
hope things get better for you soon,
take care
Sxx