PDA

View Full Version : Jumping heart. Meh!

Issy_Bum
30-03-07, 16:30
Hey,
I'm sorry to be making a fuss but I really need some reassurance. Recently when I've been nervous or when I'm exercising I seem to almost miss a heart beat. It feels like a bang or a jump in my chest, it doesn't really hurt but it feels quite peculiar.
I understand that a lot people, especially those with some sort of anxiety disorder, seem to get this but I've never had anything like this before.
Do you think I should go to my doctor and could it be harmful? After it happen I always worry that I'm about to have a heart attack!
Any advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks.

jodie
30-03-07, 18:01
hi issy

i have this to and have had for 8 years your right it dosent feel very nice but i have had all the tests and they say my heart is fine a lot of people say the more you think about them the more they happen .
if you havent been to your gp about it then i would say you should just to get an ecg to put your mind at rest it dose help a little when the doc tells you that things are ok .
lots of people have told me to only drink de cafe drink pleanty of water ect it dose help .
dont worry lots of people get them they dont have any long term affedts on the heart they just dont feel nice .

jodie xx

nomorepanic
30-03-07, 19:36
Sounds like palpitations/ectopics

Have a read of the page on the left and under the Welcome forum there is a links post to all previous posts about this.

That may help.

Issy_Bum
31-03-07, 18:36
Thanks a lot. Is it dangerous?

nomorepanic
31-03-07, 18:58
Nope not atall

Perfectly harmless - providing you have been given the all clear by the doctor.

joolee
01-04-07, 16:59
Dont worry i have had these for about 4 years now i have been to the docs about it and had a scan on heart and ecgs and a 24 hour monitor on and im ok they are annoying but harmless the less you worry about them the less you get them love Julie xxx