PDA

View Full Version : Please help - scared

Bellar
30-03-07, 18:20
I didn't get much sleep last night so I had a little nap this afternoon. I woke after about an hour and my heart was pounding, although not particularly fast. I felt very odd and weak, went to the toilet as my stomach was a bit upset. Now I feel very strange, like weak, tired and a bit shaky. I'm still feeling a bit scared, this has happened before. Any ideas?

neptuno
30-03-07, 19:18
Hi Bellar !

This is stress symptoms going beserk - when we experience anxiety everything goes into overdrive. Just knowing that this is what is happening to you will help calm you down. Its scary, I know but none of this can hurt you - try saying to yourself "even though I have a pounding heart, I accept it will pass" - this puts your brain in the right gear to reduce any further symptoms

eastender
30-03-07, 19:38
Bellar I agree with neptuno. Hope your feeling better.

jo61
30-03-07, 20:34
Hi Bellar, when I'm not going through an anxious phase, if I sleep in the afternoon I wake up feeling rotten. Just part of the condition in my view.

yorkylover
30-03-07, 23:17
Hi I get the exact same thing,Im sure its part of anxiety.:shrug:

honeybee3939
31-03-07, 00:21
Hi Bellar

Very common Symptom of anxiety, take a look at the symptoms section on the left hand side of the page it may help.

Love

Andrea
xxx

debera
31-03-07, 01:09
Hi Bellar
I Am The Same If I Take A Nap In The Afternoon I Wake Up With My Heart Pounding And I Get The Inner Shakes Also Ny Stomach Feels Really Sick. I Just Feel Horrid. I Really Try Not To Sleep In The Day Time Because This Usually Happens To Me. But Dont Worry Its Just Anxiety Rearing Its Ugly Head. Hope This Helps
Love Debera

Bellar
01-04-07, 19:12
Thanks all. I had a very stressful day the day before waiting to hear if we had been accepted for a mortgage (we were) and had not slept at all that night, plus a lot of family stress going on too. So would you say it was probably a culmination of all those stress hormones building up in my body and releasing themselves when I finally had a nap?

Daisybun
01-04-07, 19:22
Hi Bellar
Really does sound like you have had a build up of anxiety symptoms. They will take a little while to clear out even when the thing that made you anxious is past. Hang on in there and you will feel better in a couple of days. The key is not to let the stress and anxiety build over the symptoms, otherwise you just cause more symptoms.