PDA

View Full Version : Hiv scare, please help!

terrified357
07-10-16, 22:14
So about 4 months ago I did something very out of character and hooked up with a random guy. I performed oral sex on him and he did not ejaculate in my mouth, but there may have been a little pre-cum. Since then my anxiety has been out of control with fear of Hiv. I tested negative with an oraquick 6 weeks after the incident, which is considered a good sign but it's not conclusive. At this point a test would be conclusive but part of me is afraid to take it. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about or is this all anxiety?

ServerError
07-10-16, 22:20
We know as much as you. You took a test that suggests you don't have it. You could certainly confirm it with another test.

But is it very likely that you'd contract HIV that way? No. Anxiety is playing a big part. I suspect the fact you did something "out of character" is troubling you and you find it hard to accept their won't be consequences.

I doubt you have anything to worry about, though I can't be absolutely 100% certain. You want 100% certainty? Get that extra test.

In future, be more careful! ;)

paranoid-viking
07-10-16, 23:38
I was afraid of HIV when I was younger and at a time when HIV infection meant very very bad news; before the meds that kept the virus intact. Anyway; being paranoid as I have laways been I have never read that people got HIV from oral sex. I think that chances of that happening is close to zero. The major risk is unprotected sex and even more unproctected anal sex which is probaly the major risk of contracting it as the vast majority of victims got it that way.

Lukas
08-10-16, 01:04
The chances are very slim hun I'd say. especially through oral(and even more so through the fact it was precum) adventuress moments are fun just make they wear a condom next time :winks: x

terrified357
08-10-16, 12:57
Thanks guys, this has just been really hard. I freak out every time I notice something different about my body, any new little bump or whatever. I never even really had health anxiety before, my anxiety manifested in other ways, but this made my fly off the handle.

ServerError
08-10-16, 14:27
Take a rational look at the circumstances and then get a hold of that handle again. There's no way you realistically have HIV. It's early days for you. These things can spiral - have a look round the board if you want to see evidence of that. But that doesn't need to happen to you. Head it off now by not engaging with this irrational fear. You'll be fine.

terrified357
11-10-16, 17:45
So I'm really freaking out today because there's a pink bump on my left boob that doesn't seem like a pimple. Could the rash just be one spot like that or would it be spread out?

Sar89
12-10-16, 00:02
Hi I'm going to butt in here. I get really fed up of people's HIV worries on here I know that is supremely hypocritical of me as I have worries that other people will think are pathetic but here's why... 7 years ago my friend contracted HIV in fact she was purposefully infected by an ex partner (sick shit, big court case ect) anyhow it took her 6 months of unprotected sex to contract this illness. HIV is a virus and the lower someone's viral load is the healthier they will be plus the less chance they have of passing it on. She only contracted it after it turned out he stopped taking his medication and over time his viral load built (she never knew he had it at all till she got it btw) for example atm my friend is on Meds that her body has responded well too and she leads fairly healthy lifestyle... Her viral load is undetectable (she has blood tests every 12 weeks) she's not cured it's just hiding in her healthy cells but the point being at this current moment it would be nigh on impossible to pass it through unprotected sex. I know this for a FACT because I go to some of her meetings with her consultant and I have heard this directly from his mouth. Plus we are pretty close and 7yrs is along time to learn about this stuff. HIV is actually pretty hard to pass on. You would have to be unlucky to catch it after having straight sex with someone infected the first time and oral sex would make the chance even lower. It's true the virus is in bodily fluids but compared to your blood the amount is really low. That's why it originally had a higher transmission rate amongst gays (an this is by no means a judgement, just a fact PC brigade) gay men tend to have anal sex which can and do cause lacerations and grazes in the anal cavity which makes the transmission so much easier with the little amounts of blood involved. Of course it isn't a gay problem anymore it's an everyone problem but that's a fact. So I hope I have educated and eased your mind on this matter... Oh and 6 weeks it would more then likely have came out positive by now they say 3 months but that's a maximum waiting time. I would eat my own foot if u had it.

terrified357
22-10-16, 18:48
Hey guys, I hate to go on about this, but I've been noticing tiny red pin prick spots on various parts of my body that do not go away. I had something similar when I was a kid and my mom said it was a skin virus. Now I'm afraid that the skin virus is possibly resurfacing because my immune system is suppressed. Even if I were infected, would this happen so quickly?

Libra2812
22-10-16, 19:22
I once feared i had contracted HIV and it made me crazy anxious- take a test, just for your own piece of mind, the chance of you contracting it is slim to none but you will worry constantly until you test again.

terrified357
22-10-16, 19:43
I once feared i had contracted HIV and it made me crazy anxious- take a test, just for your own piece of mind, the chance of you contracting it is slim to none but you will worry constantly until you test again.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you work up the courage to get the test? When I took the 6 week test it was like I couldn't wait to get it over with, but now I'm afraid to take a conclusive test for some reason.

Libra2812
22-10-16, 20:03
If you don't mind me asking, how did you work up the courage to get the test? When I took the 6 week test it was like I couldn't wait to get it over with, but now I'm afraid to take a conclusive test for some reason.

it took me months to take the courage and i was afraid that i had caught it a couple of years prior as i was getting "symptoms", i ended up deciding to just go and do it one day as i knew i could not feel worse then i already did- i seriously felt that i had it even though i had not taken the test, my thinking was if i have it i need to deal with it, i need to get on medication etc and if i did not have it then i can stop worrying, it took a lot of courage to do it and the nearly 24 hours i waited for the results were horrible but when they told me it was negative, i have never felt not only relieved but actually silly for being so worried over something that was actually so unlikely.

rp17
26-10-16, 17:10
I understand your fear to get tested, as I'm in the same boat. Three years ago I starting casually dating someone, and it only lasted a couple of months. In the beginning I was adamant that we use condoms, but there were a few times he didn't grab for one and I stupidly didn't insist. Ever since then, any little thing with my health or body = HIV in my head. Then I make the mistake of googling which makes things even worse and I freak out so much I can't even eat, I feel sick to my stomach until I somehow manage to calm myself down.
I know I should get tested as it's ridiculous to have been living with this fear for so long now. I want to get tested because I want it to be negative and get rid of this anxiety once and for all. But at the same time I'm too scared for the fear that it will be positive and I just can't handle that.

Dave_Lister
26-10-16, 17:43
So about 4 months ago I did something very out of character and hooked up with a random guy. I performed oral sex on him and he did not ejaculate in my mouth, but there may have been a little pre-cum. Since then my anxiety has been out of control with fear of Hiv. I tested negative with an oraquick 6 weeks after the incident, which is considered a good sign but it's not conclusive. At this point a test would be conclusive but part of me is afraid to take it. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about or is this all anxiety?

Hi there,

I am sorry that you are having these fears. Let me put your fears to rest.

I went through something similar to you, and I have done all the research, and you are not going to get HIV from giving oral sex. Oral sex is considered to be safe sex, not risk free of other diseases, but it is considered safe from HIV when oral sex is the only sexual activity.

You say you have done an Oraquick test and that came back negative right? if so, you are fine.

Trust me on this, I obsessed over this for a long time and was reading every forum I could find. I went and got a test and guess what, I was HIV negative, and so are you.

terrified357
26-10-16, 21:12
Hi there,

I am sorry that you are having these fears. Let me put your fears to rest.

I went through something similar to you, and I have done all the research, and you are not going to get HIV from giving oral sex. Oral sex is considered to be safe sex, not risk free of other diseases, but it is considered safe from HIV when oral sex is the only sexual activity.

You say you have done an Oraquick test and that came back negative right? if so, you are fine.

Trust me on this, I obsessed over this for a long time and was reading every forum I could find. I went and got a test and guess what, I was HIV negative, and so are you.

Yes, I did the oraquick at essentially 6 weeks (41 days) but it's not considered conclusive, and that's what scares me.

Dave_Lister
26-10-16, 21:38
Yes, I did the oraquick at essentially 6 weeks (41 days) but it's not considered conclusive, and that's what scares me.

I am going to tell you now that you are fine. I was told the same thing, but I had to get a test to make me feel better. Can you go into your clinic and get a different test? I think that the Elisa test is pretty accurate after a short amount of time?

Just know that you are fine. Like I had said before oral sex is considered safe sex in regards to HIV transmission. It isn't safe for Gonorrhea or Syphilis.

terrified357
29-10-16, 18:13
Update: So I took another Oraquick test the other day and thankfully it appears to be negative! Now I'm just trying to fully convince myself that the results are accurate because I'm still noticing/feeling some strange things about my body, but this has made me feel a good bit better.