PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as abdominal panic attack; please answer

paranoid-viking
08-10-16, 14:21
Because I felt something like that both yesterday and today when I was out shopping. I have as some of you may know an extreme and violent fear of getting pancreatic cancer due to discomfort in my stomach that has been worsening over the last two months. It felt at that time as somethng happened when I drank some fluid. I had the feeling that in a few seconds now my stomach will explode or that I may suddenly puke up blood on the street.
So is there such a thing as abdominal panic attack because the fear I have of what may be wrong with my stomach and the discomfort that is there already contribute to such an attack? Please answer.

SLA
08-10-16, 14:36
No. Your anxious fears are all in the head. They may manifest themselves as appearing in different parts of the body through sensations.

You really need professional help.

paranoid-viking
08-10-16, 14:50
No. Your anxious fears are all in the head. They may manifest themselves as appearing in different parts of the body through sensations.

You really need professional help.

Well, they appeared all of a sudden without even thinking about my paranoia. It is not as if it appears only when I think about my paranoia, not at all. It strucks me like lightening from a blue sky. And dissapear after an hour or so.

Beckybecks
08-10-16, 17:04
Yes anxiety definitely affects the stomach. It was my first symptom as a child. Research IBS. Most people who suffer from this also have anxiety. I've had it for many years.

paranoid-viking
08-10-16, 17:47
Yes anxiety definitely affects the stomach. It was my first symptom as a child. Research IBS. Most people who suffer from this also have anxiety. I've had it for many years.

Is IBS in fact a pshycosomatic illness? I mean; is it normally caused by anxiety itself? And is it reversible?

Beckybecks
08-10-16, 19:00
It isn't always due to anxiety. There are IBS sufferers who don't suffer from anxiety.

In my experience though it's usually triggered by a period of stress. I get caught in a loop, where the anxiety causes IBS symptoms and the symptoms then cause more anxiety and so on.....

Stomach problems ar very common with anxiety. When we're anxious our stomachs produce more acid and gas causing pain which can be in the stomach, chest or back.

My attacks can last for months while I worry about what it might be and they only fade once my anxiety calms down. If you do some research on Google you'll see how common this is.