PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

jimmyj
08-10-16, 16:43
Ok so for about two months now Ive had constant headache ( not severe) and feel nervy and anxious . Ive googled and saw symptom like daily persistent headache and chronic headache with sufferers saying it never ends so I now think Im in same situation ! Anyone else had this and does it eventually subside ,GP says is tension but that doesnt help me .

AnxiousUK
08-10-16, 18:44
Your options are a scan or painkillers.

jimmyj
08-10-16, 19:03
Scan all fine painkillers make no difference

jimmyj
09-10-16, 14:01
Anyone with advice please ??

mismashful2
09-10-16, 17:04
Hi jimmyj.

I also dealt with headaches for a month, and they came from my tensed muscles. It went away when I went to see a physiotherapist. They're still there sometimes, but not like they used to be.

jimmyj
09-10-16, 18:20
thanks but can headaches go on every day for nearly two months ?

sarahsarah
09-10-16, 18:24
Yes, I had mild to medium headaches all day, every day for 8 weeks or more. I also had muscle aches to go with it. Went away after I saw my GP and she said it was probably nothing. She was right!

I've had occasional headaches since but nothing so consistent and for such a long time. This was 8 years ago, by the way. Don't despair! There's no reason why your headaches won't go away on their own xx

Pipkin
09-10-16, 18:31
I've had headaches last for months which turned out to be caused by tension/anxiety. The only way they get better is by ignoring them and carrying on as normal. I know this is hard but worrying about them perpetuates the anxiety and gets you stuck in a vicious circle.

Why not research some relaxation techniques? And make sure you're getting help for the underlying cause of your anxiety.

Pip

jimmyj
09-10-16, 18:49
Thanks for al your replies its encouraging : ) I have dr googled and theres stories about daily persistent headaches that start one day and never go so I think I have that ! Is that Health Anxiety kicking in and am I worrying needlessly ?

sarahsarah
09-10-16, 20:03
I am the world's worst Googler for stuff like this (am currently sitting here worried I have had a 'silent' heart attack or lung cancer after googling) so I do know where you are right now. You will find more stories about headaches that never went away rather than ones that did because the first one is way more interesting and so rare that individual stories are worthy of being featured in newspapers and magazines. The body of HA sufferers like us are extrememly susceptible to suggestion, so we read about the symptoms of a condition we're worried about and all of a sudden we start thinking we have them. Please stop googling and try to relax and you will find you feel loads better soon xx

jimmyj
09-10-16, 20:59
Thanks Sarah so I have nothing to worry about its just tension that will subside when I stop worrying ,at moment it feels like a pressure between my eyes and on forehead does that sound typical tension?Do you also find painkillers make no difference?

sarahsarah
09-10-16, 21:08
It really does, Jimmy. Sounds like you really need some time out from worrying. Can I recommend the meditation app Headspace for you right now? I'm not affiliated to this in any way, I just find it had helped and continues to help me now.

jimmyj
09-10-16, 21:18
Thanks I agree is it common for painkillers not to work as mine make no difference

sarahsarah
09-10-16, 21:30
Painkillers have never done much other than take the edge off at best. Unless is is actual pain I am feeling caused by physical symptoms (such as period pain, sorry if TMI). Anything that's coming from my HA is not helped by medication.

jimmyj
09-10-16, 21:49
Thats ok : ) So its common for painkillers not to make much difference with this type of tension headache as its caused by health anxiety ,things is I can feel physical pain ?

sarahsarah
09-10-16, 22:45
I didn't mean to imply you weren't feeling physical pain, so sorry if my comments came across like that. What I meant is that in my case, painkillers work brilliantly with pain that has a physical cause and barely touch the pain that is all coming from my health anxiety. With either cause, I still feel actual pain. Hope this helps xx

jimmyj
10-10-16, 15:31
Thanks so you had constant headaches that painkillers barely touched too

sarahsarah
10-10-16, 15:46
Yes, for 8 weeks. They went away as soon as my GP told me they were nothing, which proved her right xx

jimmyj
10-10-16, 18:18
My GP said same did you go through whole its never going HA thing too

sarahsarah
10-10-16, 18:32
Yeah, I did. In fact, it's what triggered off my HA that I still have to deal with now. You will be fine and you will get through this, you know xx

jimmyj
10-10-16, 18:35
Thanks was it similar to mine pressure between eyes ,nose and tension on neck and side of head daily ?Sorry to keep asking : )