PDA

View Full Version : awake feeling really rough

petenormy
30-03-07, 21:57
Hi everyone,im new to this site but have been a sufferer forever,the one thing i don't see anywhere (please forgive me if i have missed it)is when i wake in the morning i feel either bad or really bad,then as the day goes on i slowly start to feel less anxious and then the evenings are usually the best for me.but the mornings i just feel like the worst hangover ever.
it doesn't seem to make any difference if i get loads of sleep or very little,
anyone else have this problem and any suggestions for any help,thanks

nomorepanic
30-03-07, 22:07
Hi and welcome aboard. Lovely to see you here.

Loads of posts about issues in the morning so go to the advanced search option and enter "morning" in the box and select titles only.

That will find them

Happy reading.

honeybee3939
30-03-07, 22:09
Hi Pete

And welcome to NMP.:)
Your not on your own there Pete, i too find the mornings the worse.
I find now if i can motivate myself in the morning by doing tasks or even going for a walk the anxiety seems to go quicker.
Sometimes i try running up and down the stairs a few times which seems to wake me up too.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
xxx

groovygranny
30-03-07, 22:17
Hello petenormy, big welcome to you! :)

You sure you're not talking about GG?

When I was in my 'dark' time as I call it, my mornings were horrendous. They would start at about 4.00am with me waking in total terror and panic, and a horrible feeling of being the only one left in the world. The day then was just a 'robot' like existence, with a little 'oasis' in the evening for an hour or two til I went to bed at midnight. Then, if I was lucky enough to sleep til then, it would start all over again at 4.00am. And the amount of sleep didn't make any difference to me either.

To cut a long story short (do PM me for the full version!:huh:) most mornings now I wake kinda ok. Been a bit wobbly lately because I'm due to go on holiday and I tend to feel like that after I've booked!

But, please be encouraged - there was a time when I thought I would never ever get better, but I have improved so much with just the odd 'episode' here and there! NB: are you on any meds?

:hugs: for you! you're not alone.

petenormy
31-03-07, 00:23
Well thanks for all your encouragement isn't it the best thing to know you aren't the only one,
i have been on meds but decided to go on my own a long while back,

thanks pete

hoppipolla
31-03-07, 00:35
totally man, i can be the same. i can wake up and just feel like my head is so busy and my body is tense. a little while ago when it was worse my head was really panicky and stuff in the mornings and i was scared for myself :(

i don't know what helps... company is good, and maybe relaxing smells like lavender :)

debera
31-03-07, 01:01
Hi And Welcome.i Can Relate Totaly To That. The Mornings Are The Worse For Me . I Wake Up All Jittery And Panicy. I Usualy:) Get Up Do A Little Housework And Then Go Out For A Nice Long Walk. Then The Panic Subsides.the Afternoons Are Not Too Bad. But The Night Time Is The Best For Me. I Feel Like My Normal Self. I Think Boy Ive Got This Licked. But As Soon As The Morning Comes The Anxiety All Comes Back Again. So You Are Not Alone On This One.
Debera

sandie
31-03-07, 10:33
Hi Pete

Can totally relate to all that has been said in the previous posts. I know I've still some way to go, but I do feel much better than I did at the end of last year and the beginning of 2007. I used to wake around 3 am after about 2 maybe 3 hour sleep. The panic, depression, anxiety set in, I would toss and turn, and the morning would be awful. I gradually felt better as the day wore on, and the evenings were OK - I would relax pretty well. Only for the pattern to be repeated the very next day.

Well as time has gone by, my sleep has improved, and the period of time in the morning when I'm anxious/depressed has lessened - as long as I busy myself, I can keep the awful feeling to about 2 hours first thing in the morning. This last week or so, I have felt a little more panicky than usual, but I'm sure its just a blip.

Sandie

Hang on in there - I'm sure it will get better and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

neptuno
31-03-07, 14:17
Hi Pete !
Lots of us understand what you're going through. I try to make sure I listen to a relaxation tape BEFORE I go to sleep - if I wake up I mentally imagine relaxing every part of my body from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and saying to myself "calm and relaxed, safe and secure". It often takes the edge off the anxiety. Try it.

LadyBug
31-03-07, 14:46
I too had the awful mornings!!!! and then great evenings! I also tried listening to a relaxation tape before bed and also a warm bath before that. It really seemed to help the way I felt in the mornings. Also I would watch cartoons. really silly cartoons. You almost have to just welcome the anxiety in...realize that it is small and not huge....and it will seem to go quicker.

looking4answers
01-04-07, 04:22
Thank GOD that you are telling me this..Has to be anxiety..I feel like this when i wake and push myself because I have to feed my animals they depend on me .Somedays I feel worse than others and some I feel better than others..Just go ahead and force yourself out of bed..and do something anything for a few minutes.Its ok to go back and lay down and take a nap but make yourself get up and do something for at least 10 minutes and you will start to feel better and know you arent alone..I wake a lot early in the morning feeling sickish..I don't know what it is perhaps terrible anxiety while i slept but it generally goes away if I get up and go feed my animals and then make myself a cup of coffee and eat a little something and then lay back down for a bit then its over with ..But yes I think most of us experience what you are saying and i know that I do and I have two nurses that swear to me its just needing to get up and ignore myself and get going.. hope they are right.. good luck to you