PDA

View Full Version : Are my symptoms really Anxiety.

panicBill
08-10-16, 22:37
Please help me. Not sure where to start with this.

When I twist I get a pain just under my ribs.
Sometimes I have a dull shooting pain inside my anus, buttocks and leg.
I have a bad taste in my mouth all the time.
I have chest tightness.

Can Anxiety really cause these, or do I need to go to A&E?

Hopeyet
13-10-16, 11:40
Almost anything can be anxiety. It can even lead to physical sores on your skin and things that you wouldn't possibly expect to be psychosomatic.

If you've not had anxiety issues before you might want to have a quick check up with your family doctor, but yes it's entirely possible that those symptoms are anxiety related. Even after years of suffering this I still think 'surely this can't just be in my head' when I'm experiencing symptoms, only for them to mysteriously disappear when my anxiety improves.

shakey1961
16-10-16, 11:33
Your symptoms might NOT be anxiety related. For 40 years I've been treated for anxiety, until by accident, I started a gluten free diet. My symptoms have been much better.

The consultant at the hospital had me checked out for certain genes and I have the DQ2 which predisposes me to Coeliac disease.

I do feel I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) which includes Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis for which I'm having a colonoscopy this coming Friday (what joy!)

So, for me, problems with my bowels have caused me to be anxious and panicky.

I always said "Something was doing this to me" and I've been proved right all along.