PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?!

Shelly15
09-10-16, 11:00
I've suffered health anxiety for about 6 years, it comes and goes. But about a couple of months ago I got tonsillitis and my health anxiety came back, feleling dizzy, off balance, I can't even leave the house and had to quit my job.

I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago as I have been feeling weak, shaky, feeling like I can't breath and no energy. She did blood test for iron and thyroid which came back clear and she did oxegan levels and listened to my lungs, she said it's just anxiety and stress.

Now for the past week I still feel all the symptoms and now the bottom of my lungs have shooting pains and my lower back has these pains and they go to my fingers and toes kind of like nerve pains, also I get fresh blood in my stools and I just can't cope I feel so sick and where I'm so stressed it gives me thrush, my heart keeps skipping beats. I'm so scared, I don't know what to do these thoughts in my head are thinking the worst.

ServerError
09-10-16, 12:28
Did your doctor offer you any medication and a referral for therapy? You need treatment for your anxiety - this is obvious and absolutely crucial.

Your description of how you feel rings true with me. It's exactly what I went through. I actually ended up in hospital, such was my absolute conviction that I was seriously ill. I convinced the doctors I needed tests. Imagine my shock when I was discharged without being told what was wrong! My point is, anxiety can make us feel extremely unwell. But it can be tackled.

The feelings you're experiencing won't go away at the click of a finger. Please don't waste any more time looking for that magic phrase on the web or waiting or waiting for someone on a forum to make it all go away. It can and does go away, with time, patience and treatment. For now, you absolutely must accept that you've been tested, the experts say it's stress, and you won't come to any harm. You will begin to suffer less once you do this.

Shelly15
09-10-16, 13:17
Yes she offered cbt therapy or medication and to go back when I've decided but I've had cbt before it did nothing for me and I've had medication before which does nothing.

I don't trust doctors as I've had bad experience in the past so don't trust what they say.

ServerError
09-10-16, 13:29
If you don't trust doctors then who will you trust? They see anxiety all the time. They can detect it a mile off. If you ever want to feel better, you're going to have to put some faith in them, because if not, where else will you go?

As for CBT, it doesn't help everyone, it's true. But there are many forms of therapy available. Admittedly, it's problematic on the NHS, but you need to talk this through with your doctor. Be open to the idea of CBT. If you get CBT, explain to the therapist how you feel it didn't help last time. As I say, there are other therapies to try as well. If you want to feel better, you may have to be persistent.

Similarly with medication, there are many options. Some may not work for you, but there may be one that does. Again, talk this through with your GP. You are free to decline medication if it's not the road you want to go down.

Ultimately, if you seek advice on forums, you're going to get told that you need to seek professional help. What more is there beyond that? As I said in my previous post, the best thing you can do for yourself is try to see through the symptoms, which are really just your body responding to your psychological state. Accept that you have anxiety and you can begin to lessen your suffering.

Beyond all this, what more can anyone say or do?